You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ICM

HaveaA1DayHaveaA1Day Member Posts: 203
edited December 2021 in Strategy
A friend told me to use Icmizer to work out whether my shove was correct. The only problem is I opened it up and you can only input 10 players, is there any other tools you can use for bigger fields?.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    chiggypigchiggypig Member Posts: 235
    edited April 2016
    ICM doesn't really matter until final table (that's why it'll only let you put in up to 10 players), or on the bubble of the bubble of a tournament
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited April 2016
    It sounds like you took a high variance line against a big stack. This isnt about ICM its more of a strategy question.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Think it would be better if I gave you more details.

Hand History #1031023078 (00:21 25/04/2016)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Doooobs Small blind   800.00 800.00 21868.00
    crash82 Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 66412.50
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • Q

doublebl25 Fold        
    HaveaA1Day All-in   7814.00 10214.00 0.00
    elvisg1972 Fold        
    Doooobs All-in   21868.00 32082.00 0.00
    crash82 Fold        
    Doooobs Unmatched bet   14854.00 17228.00 14854.00
    Doooobs Show
    • A

HaveaA1Day Show
    • J
    • Q

Flop

• A

Turn

• K

River

Doooobs Win Two Pairs, Aces and 3s 17228.00   32082.00
    This was the £15k Roller, I dont play a lot of MTT's, and freerolled this. I went into the break bottom in chips 24/24, then before I made this shove noticed that I was 19/19 - 18 get paid - for a second I thought about just trying to fold my way for 18th, but thought about how in sats that can backfire on you, so just looked at my push/fold chart it said min of Q10os.

Only when showing a friend this hand did I realise that it was 4 handed so folding my way to the money would be harder to do, and now typing this realise because of that, QJos will rank higher from the CO.

What would you guys of done in my spot?.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited April 2016
    Getting ITM is important but we are 19/19. 

You are 5 handed not 4 handed!

The shove seems standard as does the call. We are only a slight underdog and sometimes get folds so its a +ev shove. We only have 2 players to get through but dont have a vast amount of fold equity so while its good to analyse this hand I would also look at how we have got so low. If we were not 19/19 you could argue to be shoving tighter.

• Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited April 2016
    As short-stack on the bubble you have the least amount to lose so should def. be shoving pretty wide.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: ICM:
    GettingI would also look at how we have got so low.Posted by MattBates
    Think my problem could be that am not really straying from these http://pushfoldcharts.com/6max/ , also just looking at sharkscope, and was suprised when comparing my numbers to yours, if am interpretting it right, it looks like I dont make the money as much as you do, but go deeper, which is the exact opposite to what I was expecting.

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: ICM:
    In Response to Re: ICM : Think my problem could be that am not really straying from these http://pushfoldcharts.com/6max/ , also just looking at sharkscope, and was suprised when comparing my numbers to yours, if am interpretting it right, it looks like I dont make the money as much as you do, but go deeper, which is the exact opposite to what I was expecting.  
    Posted by HaveaA1Day

Matt plays a lot of bounty hunters, which for some reason Sharkscope counts as cashing just for getting a head prize even when you don't finish in the money. I've had a quick look at your SS and it looks like you play a lot of satellites where you have to finish in the top 20% usually to win money so its gonna be harder for you to finish in the money.
    Also your sample size is quite small, only 160 tournaments.