You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

premium pair late stage of MTT OOP tight table

craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
edited December 2021 in Strategy
I might have >10BB but my general position in the mayhem freeroll is good. This freeroll might be loose in the early stages but it has became much tighter in the later stages and I can see a large number of them wanting to ladder their way up the prize pool table.

I've made some min raising prior to this and failed to get called by these short stacks a number of them were under 5BB a the time of my previous raise and folded at my raise even when they were in BB. I knew from this that they were laddering. Whilst the majority of them were low stacks the table did have two stacks larger than mine and one concern with them is they would still limp along.

If I am to get more chance of the short stack going all in, will it make up for the risk I could have of going behind to that large stack deciding to limp or is it best going all in ?
catit Small blind   800.00 800.00 7692.00
tond227 Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 2825.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

hardwud Fold        
craigcu12 All-in   15967.50 18367.50 0.00
keithdaly Fold        
terrier922 Fold        
catit Fold        
tond227 Fold        
craigcu12 Show
  • Q
  • Q

craigcu12 Win   4000.00   4000.00
craigcu12 Return   14367.50 0.00 18367.5

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2016
    Limp if you think you can get someone to spew, but people paying attention might see how fishy it looks.

Otherwise min raise is good and give someone the noose.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited May 2016
    If you have been min raising I would continue with that. The bigger stacks you mention may think you are trying to steal and sneak up the pay ladder and 3bet jam on you. I would be looking to give them some room to make a mistake. A lot of their range that will come over the top is the type of hands you would want to be up against. If they have nothing they are just going to fold to the shove but at least making the standard raise you have been using gives them room to play back and offers them the opportunity to do something with a wider range.