You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

playing 8+ tables at once!

donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
was just wondering how people on here can play so many tables at the same time??

and why? is it to get poker points or just to fry there brains?

i find playing 2 tables at the same time hard!!

you must need a super brain to play so many tables at once!! sadly i dont so i will stick to one at a time.

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010
    i cud do 3....4 at a push, somethings stopping me tho, cuz I cnt even load 3 on sky without it crashing!!!! :(

I agree tho how anyone can play 8 plus is beyond me, especially 6 handed

• Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited January 2010
    Its to try and even out veriance in tournements, i play 4 to stop bordem so you dont play to many hands when playin cash. Also your win rate per hour is increased the more table you play.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    you play better the more tables you play.
    winrate goes up.
    if there are plenty of fish about plentry of £$£$

its easy to play 6+ if you have big enough monitors, and a high spec machine.  once you get into the it, it is very easy.

but yeah when i wanna fry my brain i just use the microwave
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited January 2010
    just takes practice. After a while a lot of decisions dont take much thinking time so playing two tables is too slow and i lose focus, then 3 becomes too slow etc etc. I dont think it takes too much skill though
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i dint think men could multitask though ;-)

surely it makes it harder to read other people when playing so many tables? unless you play your opponents alot??
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited January 2010
    Its more about making +EV plays that why its a dcrease in veriance. You can stear clear of marginals knowing that theres another hand coming or even cooking on th other tables.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: playing 8+ tables at once!:
    i dint think men could multitask though ;-) surely it makes it harder to read other people when playing so many tables? unless you play your opponents alot??
    Posted by donkeyplop
    thats just an excuse we use so we dont have to do more than one thing a day lol, i can only play 2 simultaniously as my computer freezes (only on sky) on another site i can do 6
  • Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited January 2010
    you play better the more tables you play. winrate goes up. if there are plenty of fish about plentry of £$£$ its easy to play 6+ if you have big enough monitors, and a high spec machine.  once you get into the it, it is very easy. but yeah when i wanna fry my brain i just use the microwave
    Posted by scotty77
    Haha, Nonsense. Okay winrate may go up, but you don't play better. You play worse. You develop a robotic style of poker and you can't develop reads. However I agree it still works. But if you want to be a better player in the long run, no more than 4 tables.
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2010
    It all depends what system u have. I used to just use a lappy and 4 tables would stress me out, with not having a mouse and the system ended up running super slow!!

It can help concentration levels and can stop you from developing fancy play syndrome and keep you focused playin multitables.

If you do want to multitable successfully then make sure your system is up 2 it so u dont end up on life tilt after 5mins!!
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited January 2010
    Hey just do what I do... play 8 tables.... get AA, KK & QQ about 12 times and lose every time.... just watch your bankroll wash completely down the drain whilst you cry uncontrollably! 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey just do what I do... play 8 tables.... get AA, KK & QQ about 12 times and lose every time.... just watch your bankroll wash completely down the drain whilst you cry uncontrollably! 
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    LOL

LOVE THIS POST HAHA
  • Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited January 2010
    Just out of curiosity, do you guys have a much more tighter bankroll strategy when playing 8 tables or more or is it the "standard" 20 buy ins you still use?
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited January 2010
    tbh, i think the same about ppl who play 1 table.  I dont know how you can do it.  I get so bored that I would probably be lose long term if I did this.  I will try loadsa fancy stuff just to numb the boredom.  Multitabling keeps me disciplined
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited January 2010
    All you do is fold in this game, whack up more tables and fold at a greater rate!