You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Farewell sky poker

Emm4zEmm4z Member Posts: 14
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Just like to say a big thank you to the reg DYM players for making my time here fun.l have been lucky enough to meet some great "charactors" and made some money which paid for a few things around the house :)
Due to the amount of donk calls that get the better of me (yep even a 7 2 off went all in on my 3 x bb raise and he won) l have pretty much run out of patience and with profits getting slimmer week by week,l am leaving Sky to look for more profitable ventures.
I hold no grudge against the sky team and hope the site continues to grow.
For those regs "hanging in there" l wish you the very best of luck �� xx

Comments

• Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Farewell sky poker:
    Just like to say a big thank you to the reg DYM players for making my time here fun.l have been lucky enough to meet some great "charactors" and made some money which paid for a few things around the house :) Due to the amount of donk calls that get the better of me (yep even a 7 2 off went all in on my 3 x bb raise and he won) l have pretty much run out of patience and with profits getting slimmer week by week,l am leaving Sky to look for more profitable ventures. I hold no grudge against the sky team and hope the site continues to grow. For those regs "hanging in there" l wish you the very best of luck �� xx
    Posted by Emm4z
    I doubt this won't be as hard as beating DYM's for 55% ITM for a decent per hour rate. It's a good choice and I hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,375
    edited March 2016
    Like your graph emmz.  Mine looked like that when I tried dyms. 
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,519
    edited March 2016
     DYMS  should be changed to DYLS   " losses " jus sayin.?
  • Options
    MikeycbMikeycb Member Posts: 143
    edited March 2016
    Hey, 

There are fun players everywhere and long term they will make you more profitable, What stakes were you playing?

I know exactly how you feel and i hardly ever play DYMS anymore. Donks are everywhere but i hope you find somewhere where you can enjoy your poker again thats what really matters shame its not here.

Good Luck and hope to see you again in the future.

Cheers

Mike
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    edited March 2016
    I hope that you can find that place where the donks and fish always fail in their attempts to run down your flopped set and if you do plz come back and let us know so we can all have a dip in the gravy.

I have just stayed off Sky for 24 hours whilst on a heater on Stars playing $15 50/50s took a $60 roll to $345 cashed out for $200 and just lost 5 in a row when in front every time so ho hum back to the grind. THE DONKS ARE EVERYWHERE and its gonna get worse.

I the meantime dude protect your roll and have fun wherever you play.

Yours in poker 
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670
    edited March 2016
    Just like to say a big thank you to the reg DYM players for making my time here fun.l have been lucky enough to meet some great "charactors" and made some money which paid for a few things around the house :) Due to the amount of donk calls that get the better of me (yep even a 7 2 off went all in on my 3 x bb raise and he won) l have pretty much run out of patience and with profits getting slimmer week by week,l am leaving Sky to look for more profitable ventures. I hold no grudge against the sky team and hope the site continues to grow. For those regs "hanging in there" l wish you the very best of luck �� xx
    Posted by Emm4z
    Donks are omnipresent Emm4z, & thank goodness for that, they are where we get our edge, no matter how frustrating it may seem at times. Fair play to you though, at least you did not blame Sky Poker for them, which is usually what we read.

The very best of luck wherever you choose to play.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited March 2016
    Can't beat bad players so you up and leave the site?

Makes zero sense.
  • Options
    raggy94raggy94 Member Posts: 149
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Farewell sky poker:
    Can't beat bad players so you up and leave the site? Makes zero sense.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Sounds like it shouldn't really make any sense if the 'more profitable ventures' involve playing poker. I think with the nanostakes sngs though you could make a strong case for being able to show a better return against similar standard of play on another site. Like the skill differential is pretty miniscule compared to the rake differential.

I think the 'Donk calls' thing most of the time is people underestimating just how small edges are in turbo DYMs. Like the difference in profitability between a good and a 'donk' play isn't close to as much as people seem to think it is, or think it should be.
  • Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited March 2016
    Posted by Emm4z
    Recently I know how you feel dunno how some people can call. But as everyone says its suppose to even out. The last 100 or so dyms for me have been one of the roughest patches i have went through and i have  recently thought is there much point even logging in anymore. But hope things change or i need another hobby.

GL Emm4z what ever site you try
  • Options
    Emm4zEmm4z Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2016
    Thanks all for the kind words.The "more profitable venture" does not include online poker :)
    I have been lucky enough to make some money on £2,£3 and £5 dyms.l know it evens out and you will always overcome the donks (they are the bread and butter) but its frustrating to put in say 40 hours and end up "evening out" :)
    Maybe when they sort out a better RNG that doesn't leave you wondering how the f@@k they called you all the way to the river and THEN hit a 1 or 2 outer,l might be tempted back :)
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited March 2016
    Thanks all for the kind words.The "more profitable venture" does not include online poker :) I have been lucky enough to make some money on £2,£3 and £5 dyms.l know it evens out and you will always overcome the donks (they are the bread and butter) but its frustrating to put in say 40 hours and end up "evening out" :)Maybe when they sort out a better RNG that doesn't leave you wondering how the f@@k they called you all the way to the river and THEN hit a 1 or 2 outer,l might be tempted back :)
    Posted by Emm4z
    Backwards logic.

See you next week.
  • Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Farewell sky poker : Backwards logic. See you next week.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    They were doing so well....

Then boom - blamed sky RNG - Epic fail 

+1 to you on this
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,375
    edited March 2016
    She does  have a point. The RNG is the deliverer of the fateful deliveries. 
  • Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    edited March 2016
    Putting in 40 hours and only breaking even, funny that cause everytime I watch a movie I never make money, infact a loss actually. I think the key is to play poker for enjoyment, just like watching a movie and not to be playing just for profit, if its profit you want better to work some overtime in your job :).

Ger
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited May 2016
    mega late i know but DYM are the problem imo.

i was playing them with some success then changed my game to suit them better for some strange reason and boom bad beat poker set in as i was only playing abc poker which breeds bad beats. plus playing them stopped my usual game in torns and removed all sorts of fun for me. 
    so had a mini break. now back to losing on my term ;)

obvously everybody is differant but imo dym are not proper poker.

anybody thinking of leaving should have a good go at heads up instead, so much more fun
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited May 2016
    The only problem with sngs on sky is the rake cost - 10% on DYM is pretty tight