You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Accessing personal stats

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited January 2010 in Community Suggestions
I know there is no tracking software that is compatable with Sky poker at the moment, but I have noticed on the few occasions I have watched Sky TV (It`s a great channel btw, I just dont have a Sky subscription) that they seem to have stats and info on players, ie how many times they have won tourneys, how many they have played etc.
I know they have more info on us, than we have on ourselves.

I would like to know how deep these stats go that are known about the players and if there is any way to access them.  Just for the individual of course. 

Maybe your own stats could be bought using poker points.  At least it will give us an insight into how we are playing overall and give players a chance to plug their leaks

Comments

• Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009

You can try sharkscope , lots of good stats there

• Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Accessing personal stats:
    You can try sharkscope , lots of good stats there
    Posted by Torryladd
    Cheers, I shouldve mentioned in my post, that I was referring to cash games mainly.
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited November 2009
    i seen the league wkly show months ago and it showed many stats, one wk it showed gerrard9 (hand played was close to 1m) wow!  i would like to no mine, its obv sky must have some tracking software so let us av a look at our own stats
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Accessing personal stats:
    I know there is no tracking software that is compatable with Sky poker at the moment, but I have noticed on the few occasions I have watched Sky TV (It`s a great channel btw, I just dont have a Sky subscription) that they seem to have stats and info on players, ie how many times they have won tourneys, how many they have played etc. I know they have more info on us, than we have on ourselves. I would like to know how deep these stats go that are known about the players and if there is any way to access them.  Just for the individual of course.  Maybe your own stats could be bought using poker points.  At least it will give us an insight into how we are playing overall and give players a chance to plug their leaks
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I started a thread in the technical section called poker tracker type software which is along these lines. Sky track all play on their site so have at their disposal every stat that something like holdem manager or poker tracker could give you. I thought they could release an app or login web page where we could each access our own info and sky could charge to subscribe. I like your Idea much better though !! subscription via poker points would give me something to spend my spares on and i'm sure dependant on the level they set it at they could activley encourage an increase in their rake as people try and make sure they have enough points for their monthly stats payment

Top Man, Top Idea, Love It !!!
  • Options
    sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited November 2009
    bump!

accessing stats would b awesome!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Any chance someone on the payroll can comment on this thread? :)
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    sharkscope don't track cash
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Any chance someone on the payroll can comment on this thread? :)
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Agreed, can we get some comment from an official Sky Bod to say the possibility, likleyhood, expense of such a thing?
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    hey guys,

thanks for your questions. i'll pass this on to someone in the know to see if we can get you an answer.

Rich
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Cheers Rich, On The Ball As Per Usual !!
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    Stats would be great,

Thanks Rich
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    BUMP,

Any progress on this rich? ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hey,

i passed this thread on and the poker team were interested with the idea and will certainly give it some consideration. unfortunately i can't give any concrete information but it will certainly by looked at for future releases.

thanks guys,

Rich
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Cheers Rich,

Nice to see the team liked it. Obviously all these things take time but i realy think something like this would plug one of Skys few flaws (the fact that no HUD or tracking software can operate with the web browser)
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited December 2009
    Allowing Poker Tracker (or something similar) would undoubtedly attract more players to Sky. Not allowing it will leave it's users playing elsewhere.

When I started playing cash poker recently it on another site, I used a sign-up bonus code to earn a free Poker Tracker licence. It's a great piece of software, a fantastic tool that helps you analyse and improve your game, not to mention keeping every imaginable stat about how your opponents play against you.

Since discovering Sky I have a dilemna every time I decide to play poker. Do I play on a fairly sterile/boring Euro site battling against tough opponents, or come to Sky with it's great community spirit, exellent TV station and slightly looser play? It would be an easy choice; Sky every time if I could use Poker Tracker, but I still find myself playing elsewhere quite often just to give me the luxury of using the software.

Using Poker Tracker is not cheating, it makes no decisions, makes no suggestions. In theory all the stats it keeps could also be recorded with pen and paper. Tracking software should be allowed here IMO. It would be good for the players and good for Sky.
  • Options
    jeannine06jeannine06 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    unless ure wife and bruv play on ure account then they mean nowt
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bump.

any news on this, or are we assuming sky is going to try to make the download version, poker tracker friendly?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    take a look here. hopefully that answers a couple of your questions
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bump. any news on this, or are we assuming sky is going to try to make the download version, poker tracker friendly?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    These a compatibility post in Technical from me. The last answer i got from the tech team was they still don't know if they will make it allowable or not. Just a case of wait and see ithink OMahonyO