You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

mildly trolled

weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
edited December 2021 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceweecheez1Small blind 15.0015.002245.00jaschamBig blind 30.0045.002205.00 Your hole cards10K3K   xxCall 30.0075.001745.00CatsnapFold    darthpiaFold    bigmacca73Fold    weecheez1Call 15.0090.002230.00jaschamCheck    Flop  Q92   weecheez1Check    jaschamCheck    xxBet 30.00120.001715.00weecheez1Call 30.00150.002200.00jaschamFold    Turn  A   weecheez1Check    xxBet 150.00300.001565.00weecheez1Call 150.00450.002050.00River  J   weecheez1Check    xxCheck    weecheez1Show10K3K   xxMuckA57A   weecheez1Win highStraight to the Ace450.00 2500.00 No qualifying low hand 

Comments

• Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    edited May 2016
    the above hand was last night and the gentleman in question typed REALLY in chat box after hand on looking back over the hand i dont think i done anything wrong the gentleman limped in then his next bet was for the minimum again when he potted it on the turn i knew he hit the ace but i felt i had outs this was at the end of a bad day and my thinking was def not the best but on this occasion i think he was more at fault than me thoughts please
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited May 2016
    He decided not to raise the aces which can be fine but as he has under represented his hand he has to expect some action. He should want the call on the turn, on this occasion you hit and it is a case of hard cheez :) That is the way poker works.

I would say your preflop limp is fine.

Also the flop call is fine to a minibet.

On the turn it is a fold, you have to expect you are only drawing to the jack and the Jc is likely to be a dead card and even if the Jc is indeed good for you, it is a card that will make it hard to get any value out of your hand. You also don't have the odds. The call IMO could only be profitable long term if you have an extremely strong read and were floating with the intention of doing something on the river even if you miss. In this scenario I wouldn't be looking to float or get complicated though because as played there is a strong chance he is drawing to whatever you would need to rep on the river and if he misses a very high chance he is already ahead. Therefore I would be treating this as a straightforward choice on whether to draw and the odds aren't there on the turn.

Another major reason to fold the turn apart from the odds is that you are out of position. This is why he got off cheaply even when you hit broadway.

There is no need for his comments though... aces don't come with a guarantee, especially in OH8.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,723
    edited May 2016

There is a guy who types "really?" every time he wins a big hand. Just ignore him, he has an ego like an over-inflated balloon. It'll pop soon enough.
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: mildly trolled:
    the above hand was last night and the gentleman in question typed REALLY in chat box after hand on looking back over the hand i dont think i done anything wrong the gentleman limped in then his next bet was for the minimum again when he potted it on the turn i knew he hit the ace but i felt i had outs this was at the end of a bad day and my thinking was def not the best but on this occasion i think he was more at fault than me thoughts please
    Posted by weecheez1
    Don't ever doubt yourself Wee, you play as you want to play. They want you to question your self and how you play get into your head. Don't let them do it.