You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

General help

jimb0d1jimb0d1 Member Posts: 660
edited May 2016 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
VINEY73 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £19.35
PearllJosh Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £24.67
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

craigcu12 Fold        
XHOTLIPSX Fold        
jimb0d1 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £39.09
ACE1969 Fold        
VINEY73 Fold        
PearllJosh Raise   £0.80 £1.25 £23.87
jimb0d1 Call   £0.60 £1.85 £38.49
Flop

• A
  • Q

PearllJosh Bet   £1.10 £2.95 £22.77
jimb0d1 Call   £1.10 £4.05 £37.39
Turn

PearllJosh Bet   £2.70 £6.75 £20.07
jimb0d1 Call   £2.70 £9.45 £34.69
River

• A

PearllJosh All-in   £20.07 £29.52 £0.00

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok..whats my move? PJ is decent player and the shove is massive, but I have a very underrepped hand and was planning to call on any none diamond river.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Mizroe Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £8.16
    LuckyDaveB Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £11.18
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • J

craigcu12 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £20.09
    PearllJosh Fold        
    topchip Fold        
    jimb0d1 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £21.60
    Mizroe Fold        
    LuckyDaveB Fold        
    Flop

• Q

craigcu12 Bet   £0.38 £1.13 £19.71
    jimb0d1 Call   £0.38 £1.51 £21.22
    Turn

• J

craigcu12 Bet   £1.13 £2.64 £18.58
    jimb0d1 Raise   £2.86 £5.50 £18.36
    craigcu12 Call   £1.73 £7.23 £16.85
    River

craigcu12 Bet   £3.62 £10.85 £13.23
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Can I reraise the turn bigger or reraise this river? Craig has bet all 3 streets and the flush has come in but my hand looks pretty strong.
  • Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited May 2014
    Hand 1 - At these stakes this river is generally AQ/QQ and villain just jams thinking you aren't capable of folding Ax. Against anyone who is a 'reg' at these levels it's an exploitative fold imo.

Hand 2 - To answer your questions... Turn raise needs to be bigger with your entire range here. Your not getting value from your made hands and your not putting any pressure on the villain with your semi-bluffs. As played river is a call unless you have any reads this lead is only ever a flush. You will never get called by worse if you raise this river.
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited May 2014
    I was pretty much going to say the same as chris, although I can't think of many regs who would allin bluff here. 
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited May 2014
    jimbo
    hand 1 it hard to tell really as the most important parts needed for us to help are not mentioned.
    A) when he does the 3bet preflop can Aj or Axs be included in his range or do we only see him doing the 3bet with AQ AK.
    B) what would he be doing post flop with KK JJ 1010 (if they in his range of 3bets preflop).

the best piece of advice i can give you is to raise on the turn because i can see from his action on the river he over values the monsters so it won't be suprising to see him shove the turn if he has AQ QQ and you can make a safe fold.

hand 2 i will PM you.
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited May 2014
    1) urgh spot. i lean to  afold not sure i can make it in game though. Stinks of AQ/QQ i know thats a narrow as **** range but i cant see him having AJ ever with that line. Readless tho

2) Call river, going to be behind alot though. 
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think its generally only going to be a solid 3b range from the opponent in hand 1. Prob Aj+ 99+..... I made the fold. I would guess that it was QQ trying to take me to value town on the river.

In hand 2 im not entirely sure why I bet so small on the turn, and I called the river as I expected craig to make a larger value bet there if hit his hand.

A lot of my problems in cash coming from trying to always get my opponents WHOLE stack when I hit 2 pair plus....of course im used to doing this in tournaments with shallow stacks but these are the types of hands where I am trying to slow down a bit. Cheers for your thoughts.

• Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: General help:
    I think its generally only going to be a solid 3b range from the opponent in hand 1. Prob Aj+ 99+..... I made the fold. I would guess that it was QQ trying to take me to value town on the river. In hand 2 im not entirely sure why I bet so small on the turn, and I called the river as I expected craig to make a larger value bet there if hit his hand. A lot of my problems in cash coming from trying to always get my opponents WHOLE stack when I hit 2 pair plus....of course im used to doing this in tournaments with shallow stacks but these are the types of hands where I am trying to slow down a bit. Cheers for your thoughts.
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Never a truer point spoken. Its a big problem that MTT players have moving to cash IMO, and I have suffered for this. Sometimes too eager to get it in and often lose our customer and only keeping in the very strong ranges our opponents have. 

It took a while and its getting better but its still a problem. 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Really wish I could dig this out for you and have a look to see what I had.
    Not sure what I was doing with that weird preflop sizing.
    I'm assuming that recovering the HH from my side is impossible by now?
  • Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited May 2016
    Welcome to the forums Josh, hope to see you post more. Pre-flop seems reasonable (9x after 3x open).

It's hard to think of too many bluffs that would be in your range there in hand 1.  Unlikely to be diamonds, because then oppo is much less likely to have diamonds (more likely to have Ax) so would reduce value in bombing river.

JT maybe, would be worth a double barrel on turn for sure, but ballsy to pull the pin out the grenade on river.

Can only be a FH of some sort that hopes to get paid by Ax?

Am guessing Craig must have had the flush in hand 2, although I probably sigh call too often in these spots.  Seems like he pretty much has the odds to call with FD on turn but then, figuring your turn C/R to be set or strong 2pr, doesn't want to give you the chance to check behind on the river.

The check behind is fairly common at these stakes.  Something I think I need to work more on - to still value bet hands like QJ/77/44 on that board if checked to on river (but obviously fold river unless oppo-specific reason not to).
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited May 2016
    Hand 1 - How do you play AQ, A9, QQ here? If you are always raising them on either the flop or turn then you cap your range by the river to Ax (AK, AJ, AT) . If he thinks your a good player capable of folding Ax otr most of the time then it's possible he can do this as a bluff. However, if you still have FH in your range then it's a lot harder for him to do this as a bluff since he has to know you will pretty much always fold AK here for his bluff to be working often enough.

Generally though if he doesn't know too much about you and he's a standard reg he will just assume you can't fold AK/AJ here enough and is trying to get max value from his FH.
  • Options
    mrleemr1mrleemr1 Member Posts: 143
    edited May 2016
    hand 1 vs reg I would fold, no info or not reg Im not gonna fold. 

hand 2 If your gonna raise make it lot bigger on turn. 

I would prefer 3b qjo here pre
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hi Shakin, I will definitely start making the effort to be an active member!
    D'you know if there's any way I can pull that hand history? I feel like I only ever really had QQ or AQ there, but who knows!? Would love to find out definitively.