You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sitting on the Naughty Step

POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys.
As you are aware Sky are trying to clean up our little forum area so I have come up with an idea.

We should be rewarded with a little gold star every time we post something nice and helpful to someone in our little community, then when you have say, ten little stars, you gain entry to a monthly freerole.

However, if you are a naughty little boy or girl in the forum you get one of your little gold stars taken away, (just like when we were little kids) which means no entry to the monthly freerole for you, so go sit on the naughty step.

We could even call it - "The Pokerstars Freerole"

Surely this idea will clean up our little community - Wont It?

Comments

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    skyrich is packing his suitcase as we speak,

good intentions trev,

impossible to administrate.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Sitting on the Naughty Step:
    skyrich is packing his suitcase as we speak, good intentions trev, impossible to administrate.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Impossible to administrate?

Don't Make me Throw my Toys out the Pram.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

It will just get all the people desperate to play in a free-roll talking waffle, which no1 really wants to read, just for the sake of it.

The opinionated/'rude' forum users, who play micro stakes and freerolls - will all of a sudden become boot lickers and boring, thus having a negative effect on the fun of using the forum.

The opinionated/'rude' forum users, who don't play micro stakes, and don't play freerolls, wont dive a dam, and will carry on regardless.

DOHHHHHHHHHH
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    i like your idea of 'rewards' Pokertrev.

i have posted this elsewhere but later in the year we will be re-working your profile area, this includes introducing earned and assigned 'rewards'. these will be in the forum or little symbols that are attached to your profile and can be earned or assigned for being helpful, making a certain number of posts etc etc
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    as for a freeroll. we did trial the poster's freeroll which was more or less a success and we may look at introducing something similar in the future.
  • Options
    fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Sitting on the Naughty Step:
    Hi Guys. As you are aware Sky are trying to clean up our little forum area so I have come up with an idea. We should be rewarded with a little gold star every time we post something nice and helpful to someone in our little community, then when you have say, ten little stars, you gain entry to a monthly freerole. However, if you are a naughty little boy or girl in the forum you get one of your little gold stars taken away, (just like when we were little kids) which means no entry to the monthly freerole for you, so go sit on the naughty step. We could even call it - "The Pokerstars Freerole" Surely this idea will clean up our little community - Wont It?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Do i detect a hint of sarcasm???
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Sitting on the Naughty Step:
    Hi Guys. As you are aware Sky are trying to clean up our little forum area so I have come up with an idea. We should be rewarded with a little gold star every time we post something nice and helpful to someone in our little community, then when you have say, ten little stars, you gain entry to a monthly freerole. However, if you are a naughty little boy or girl in the forum you get one of your little gold stars taken away, (just like when we were little kids) which means no entry to the monthly freerole for you, so go sit on the naughty step. We could even call it - "The Pokerstars Freerole" Surely this idea will clean up our little community - Wont It?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I like the name of the freeroll
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited January 2010
    I think the colour of the star should be brown.

poker brown star freerole
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    it certainly won't increase the level of online reach-arounds.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i like your idea of 'rewards' Pokertrev. i have posted this elsewhere but later in the year we will be re-working your profile area, this includes introducing earned and assigned 'rewards'. these will be in the forum or little symbols that are attached to your profile and can be earned or assigned for being helpful, making a certain number of posts etc etc
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Cheers Rich.
    Thanks for the reply, rewards for being helpful, sound good to me. Look forward to the update.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think the colour of the star should be brown. poker brown star freerole
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Brown? well perhaps the colours could be implemented like ebay, they change colour the more you earn.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Sitting on the Naughty Step : Do i detect a hint of sarcasm???
    Posted by fingers615
    A hint of sarcasm fingers - I would never dream of it Lol.