You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Frequent small but costly time delays

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice
I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem...this is something which has happened quite a lot over the past three or four weeks and I've just dismissed it as an annoying fault I'll have to live with but last night it cost me money, hence the post!

I was in a £5 Scary s&g with three of us left. I was the big stack and had 10-10, flop came down with three undercards, no straight/flush draw and I raised it, got called by small stack. Turn card came down 10, then I get no option to bet, check or fold....what seems like an eternity passes and next thing my hand is folded to what must have been an opponent's raise and the I'm Back button appears! Well I'd not been anywhere and feel I would have been heavy favourite to win hand and knock other player out.
I managed to get to heads up and was slight chip leader with blinds at 800/1600 mark when I get deal AA, opponent raises and again I get no option to do anything, just see my AA's being folded, marked as away from table and opponent showing 45os................very very frustrating!

Anyone else had similar problem or ideas what is wrong? Advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    hey brrrr,

i'm sorry to hear of your problems. i have forwarded this thread to one of the technical team, who will hopefully contact you soon.

cheers
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited January 2010
    I must admit this has happened to me quite a few times too but TBH I just dismissed it as something at my end as I quite often play 2 tables at a time

EDIT: Should mention that the fact I'm playing 2 tables shouldn't really make that much difference cos my laptop's barely a year old & decent spec.
  • Options
    Mr_MensiMr_Mensi Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Frequent small but costly time delays:

I had my 1st game on here tonight and the same thing happenend to me 3 times. Luckily I still managed to double my money but I'd be well miffed if I'd lost because of it. As it stands I'm dubious about playing again.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem...this is something which has happened quite a lot over the past three or four weeks and I've just dismissed it as an annoying fault I'll have to live with but last night it cost me money, hence the post! I was in a £5 Scary s&g with three of us left. I was the big stack and had 10-10, flop came down with three undercards, no straight/flush draw and I raised it, got called by small stack. Turn card came down 10, then I get no option to bet, check or fold....what seems like an eternity passes and next thing my hand is folded to what must have been an opponent's raise and the I'm Back button appears! Well I'd not been anywhere and feel I would have been heavy favourite to win hand and knock other player out. I managed to get to heads up and was slight chip leader with blinds at 800/1600 mark when I get deal AA, opponent raises and again I get no option to do anything, just see my AA's being folded, marked as away from table and opponent showing 45os................very very frustrating! Anyone else had similar problem or ideas what is wrong? Advice would be appreciated!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
  • Options
    Sky_TechSky_Tech Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2010
    Sorry to hear you have had some issue playing Sky Poker. To help with these investigations would it be possible to get an exact time or hand ID on which the issue occured?

This helps as we can then search the system log files and try and see what happened to your connection at the time of the fault.

Regards,

Sky Tech
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Frequent small but costly time delays:
    Sorry to hear you have had some issue playing Sky Poker. To help with these investigations would it be possible to get an exact time or hand ID on which the issue occured? This helps as we can then search the system log files and try and see what happened to your connection at the time of the fault. Regards, Sky Tech
    Posted by Sky_Tech

Hi, the hand id for the 10/10 hand is 221262472

the hand id for the AA hand is 221269442.

Ill be interested to hear what you find....thanks for checking it our for me
  • Options
    Sky_TechSky_Tech Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2010
    Brrrrrr - thanks for the detail. I will use these to start invetigating the issue. I hope we wil be able to get back you with some results early next week.
  • Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Frequent small but costly time delays:
    [QUOTE  Anyone else had similar problem or ideas what is wrong? Advice would be appreciated!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

This has happened to me absolutely dozens of times and has lost me countless chips and money. It has made me get knocked out of dym's as well. It happens EVERY time i play poker.

However i am becoming a frustrated expert at this. (although i cant stop it happening)

Leaving the table altogether and then re-joining it stops it sometimes (it still regards you as sitting out in the meantime).

switching computer off altogether for a minute then logging back in again, Through a different server if pos.

At the earliest opportunity switch games, e.g if playing cash try a tourny or omaha instead.

The thing that works the most is playing on tables that are not full and playing at ungodly hours when not as many players are on.

When it started happening to me at first i kept getting a window up saying that my player was running slow but now it just does it anyway.

I am eager to see Sky's report on this as it affects me a lot and i, like you, blamed my own computer. Mainly due to the fact that it NEVER happened when playing through my tv. It is so annoying the messing about that i have done because of this. I just keep loosing all of my money because i can't settlr down at one thing for too long and end up playing in games that i dont want to play in because i dont want to not play at all.

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    don't worry lads, all your problems will be over when the download version arrives in a few weeks--touch wood-lol
  • Options
    petergpeterg Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2010
    Yes i am a new user to sky poker 3 days now, and the delays are annoying. Happens all the time i play. Glad when the down load version arrives.