You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Pivotal hand deep in last nights rebuy.

devil_teardevil_tear Member Posts: 198
edited December 2021 in Strategy
So i'm interested in opinions on this hand. Someone made the comment at the table that they think its a fold. I decided to call. My argument was if i'm aiming to win the tournament I need to be calling here. It ended up being a catalyst for the win but on closer inspection im not sure if it was right. Rakki ended up folding QQ.

Hand History #1062432727 (23:39 27/07/2016)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Limp2Lose Small blind  600.00 600.00 43696.00
long03101 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 45065.50
  Your hole cards

thisltedu Raise  2400.00 4200.00 37534.50
devil_tear Call  2400.00 6600.00 32676.00
heddoh18 Fold     
RAKKKI Raise  7875.00 14475.00 40210.00
Limp2Lose Fold     
long03101 All-in  45065.50 59540.50 0.00
thisltedu Fold     
devil_tear All-in  32676.00 92216.50 0.00
RAKKKI Fold     
long03101 Unmatched bet  11189.50 81027.00 11189.50
long03101 Show

devil_tear Show

Flop

Turn

River

devil_tear Win Pair of Kings 81027.00  81027.00 

Comments

• Options
    rainman397rainman397 Member Posts: 1,394
    edited July 2016
    Good afternoon Devil tear.
    Call. 
    All the best.
    Rainman397.

• Options
    ibetmyho28ibetmyho28 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    I would actually fold in this spot unless you knew Villian was a loose cannon. Villans jam with JJ is pretty atricious, villians range should be AK AA KK QQ here. So your calling against a extremely strong range and you also have to worry about the UTG opener and the inital 3 better. We have no idea how loose or tight they have been playing but it would be a fair assumption to make they will have A and K blockers a fair bit. If RAAAKI is tight 3better then he will have a similar range to the Villian. So I would fold the way you have played it. 

I would much rather you 3bet pre as well. 
  • Options
    ibetmyho28ibetmyho28 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    I would actually fold in this spot unless you knew Villian was a loose cannon. Villans jam with JJ is pretty atricious, villians range should be AK AA KK QQ here. So your calling against a extremely strong range and you also have to worry about the UTG opener and the inital 3 better. We have no idea how loose or tight they have been playing but it would be a fair assumption to make they will have A and K blockers a fair bit. If RAAAKI is tight 3better then he will have a similar range to the Villian. So I would fold the way you have played it. 

I would much rather you 3bet pre as well. 
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited July 2016
    Think your so underepresented here that we need to be calling off.
    Rakki doesn't neccassarily need to be massive to 3bet here vs a raise and a flat and he may even 3bet for value with hands like AJ/AQ and fold v a shove. The BB should have a pretty strong range and probably has AJs +99 as a fairly generously wide shove range but think vs a tighter shove range here we have enough equity to call. 
     Unless you think you have a MASSIVE edge on the table I'd GII here. Sometimes you just have to run it in an MTT and i think this is one of those spots.
    FWIW I quite like flatting pre here sometimes
  • Options
    RyanC7RyanC7 Member Posts: 355
    edited July 2016
    Agree with your thought process FeelGroggy but don't really feel it applies to much in this spot - On Sky anyway.

The standard Sky rec is probably not thinking too much about the strength of the button 3bet and therefore most likely not 4b jamming 37bb from the BB with the "generous" range you have assigned.

I feel even the standard weak tight Sky rec has QQ+ min here heavily. + sometimes the hands they are not to sure what to do with so #punt - 10s and Js namely.

Given we have 25-30bb and probably a significant edge over the remaining field I see no real valid reason to get the money in here when X is willing to give you better value in 10 minutes time.

At a table, with better players, and visible dynamics then yes I'd be much more inclined to call here.
  • Options
    thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016
    Hi Tim,
    I'll contribute to this as the original raiser with 99.
    If I remember correctly you were roughly average stack with about 40 left.
    I became a very interested observer as the action unfolded.
    Would I have called? Well you had to put in your last 32,676 to win 81,027 if my maths is right, so purely on pot odds I think it is a call but very borderline. As has been said it may depend on how you feel your skill level is compared to those left.
    Possibly even more interesting is folding QQ. I think i would have gone with it.
    Very well done for wnning.
  • Options
    devil_teardevil_tear Member Posts: 198
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Some really good valid points. Its one for them spots where I can go either way depending on the variables mentioned. In this case it worked out, but I wanted to look at it again to not be results orientated.

Gg,

Tim
  • Options
    RAKKKIRAKKKI Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2016
    Hi Devil tear, I didint actually say it was a mistake, I said in my opinion its a fold givin the 3b and snap cold 4bet rip for 30+ bbs, I dont think your ever going to get it in vs a hand your dominating, I think you have to assign a range of ak+/jj+  for the guy who piles the bb. I genuinly could be wide in this spot but givin ur edge in the remaining field I thought it was a fold, I guess thats a testiment to how good you are. (: