You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bad Call?

WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Anyone opposed to calling here?  I suspect that I might be behind but from the history, I think the only guy that might be beating me is the short stack, but he makes the same call with a good Jack.  I don't think the initial shover goes all-in with a hand that's beating me, and from the amount of time Stanic took to call I thought she can't be beating me.  The only problem is I'm going to have a lot of cards to dodge, and even if I hit an Ace someone could have KQ, but with all things considered I think I have to call becasue of the size of the pot.  It would be nice to hear some other opinions on this.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
dingers62 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.18
Deadluck Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £5.21
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

stanic222 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £9.17
Wilhelm Raise   £0.16 £0.26 £3.71
slipo999 Fold        
sexyy Call   £0.16 £0.42 £3.58
dingers62 Call   £0.14 £0.56 £1.04
Deadluck Fold        
stanic222 Call   £0.12 £0.68 £9.05
Flop

• J

dingers62 Check        
stanic222 Check        
Wilhelm Bet   £0.42 £1.10 £3.29
sexyy All-in   £3.58 £4.68 £0.00
dingers62 All-in   £1.04 £5.72 £0.00
stanic222 Call   £3.58 £9.30 £5.47
Wilhelm All-in   £3.29 £12.59 £0.00
stanic222 Call   £0.13 £12.72 £5.34
dingers62 Show
  • K
  • J

stanic222 Show
  • Q

Wilhelm Show
  • A
  • A

sexyy Show
  • A
  • J

Turn

River

Wilhelm Win Pair of Aces £12.09   £12.09

Comments

• Options
    steveburkesteveburke Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2010
    snap call me old china
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010

You make a good bet on the flop then there's 3 all ins most notably 2 from big stacks, I have to fold here even though you could be ahead.

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    mmm i call (maybe swayed by already knowing their hands though)... i guess your are looking at JT or a set... but there are just so many donks they could have anything. Its quite a tough 1 and i think ive been too biased after seeing their cards to judge really... if i was in that situation it would be really marginal either way so i guess either a call or fold is ok.
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited January 2010
    I'm calling here everytime, the only way i would of played it any differntly maybe is, with three undercards on the flop, I would of pushed all in first instead of the bet.

With the other two players in the pot already hitting the Jack on the flop they probably would of called your all-in anyway so the return would have been pretty much the same.

A couple of cards to dodge but the return was worth it.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    at this level i would agree with pokertrev
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Call?:
    I'm calling here everytime, the only way i would of played it any differntly maybe is, with three undercards on the flop, I would of pushed all in first instead of the bet. With the other two players in the pot already hitting the Jack on the flop they probably would of called your all-in anyway so the return would have been pretty much the same. A couple of cards to dodge but the return was worth it.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    i dont like just shoving here because the board is quite dry so it narrows down their calling range.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I'm never shoving the flop here, my hand's way too big, and it'b be way too suspicious.  Making a standard c-bet is my preferred play, as these guys have seen me play for half an hour so it should induce them to shove with half a hand.  Also, I can only see two hands I'm loosing to: a set of 3s and J 10, as I'm sure they'd be re-raising me pre-flop with JJ or 10 10.  So actually, the more I think about it, the more this is a must-call.  Thanks for the input guys.
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited January 2010
    you shud jus put in a min bet... stopper bet... then if somebody raises just Gun em all in.. if they call then your prob beat.....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Call?:
    you shud jus put in a min bet... stopper bet... then if somebody raises just Gun em all in.. if they call then your prob beat.....
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Nah I don't like this either.  I have no problem with the way I played it up to the call.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    id have called, but i wouldnt have liked it, but at those stakes its worth it, id have been more worried about the ready made 2 pair ie 10-J out there, i thought the guy with 8 - Q was the daftest call ive seen for ages?? i will look out for him!!