You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SkyPoker for Haiti Sng, Mttp

Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Just an idea.

Winners get their buy in back or half of what they would noramlly get. plus maybe 1&1/2 x poker league points. All we would be asking of potential winners would be 25 minutes of their time for a good cause.

or DYM's with only 2 places paid, or a 1 pound tounrament with less places.... etc.....

Any idea would be great if it helped.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010

Hi Ms Chips,

I love the idea, but in technical & practical terms, it's incrdibly awkward for Sky Poker to organise.

But I'm very happy to personally co-operate & work with you to do something to help.

I'm doing 2 Live Shows tonight, preparing for them all afternoon today, & I have to go home to Derbyshire after tonight's Show, & I'll be unavailable most of Sunday, until the Evening, when I have PTP to do, so I can't do anything over the weekend.

But Monday, yes, I can.

We should both give some thought over the weekend as to how we could do this. Personally, I'm happy to play a series of DYM's at any Buy-In, small medium or large, & donate anything I win to the cause.

Let's you & I make contact on Monday to see how we can sort this out. That OK with you?

PS - I suppose it might be easier just to make a donation! - but that's not quite in the spirit of your excellent idea, for which I applaud you.

In the interim, have a lovely weekend.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

PS - What were you doing up at 3am this morning?!

I was playing Omaha here at that time, with a bunch of regulars, & the table banter was awesome!

So what's your excuse? 

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    Could sky set up a 3 quid tourney (for eg) with 1st prize of a sky tourney entry (as something to play for, if needed) but no prize money.  All proceeds go to the cause.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SkyPoker for Haiti Sng, Mttp:
    Could sky set up a 3 quid tourney (for eg) with 1st prize of a sky tourney entry (as something to play for, if needed) but no prize money.  All proceeds go to the cause.
    Posted by phil12uk
    As I already explained Phil, that would be extremely difficult, but I have suggested an alternative, & will move that forward on Monday.

I've also suggested that anyone can donate to the cause directly.

I really don't think it's gonna work if we want to get The Company involved, it gets too complicated, & may not be do-able.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PS - What were you doing up at 3am this morning?! I was playing Omaha here at that time, with a bunch of regulars, & the table banter was awesome! So what's your excuse? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good Afternoon Tikay,

I will certainly give it more thought over the remainder of the weekend.

I like to play my poker at the most profitable hours. I nap Friday & Saturday Evenings and play throughout the night to welcome home fellow players from the pub and make sure they got home safely.

I will look forward to the show.

Ilona
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SkyPoker for Haiti Sng, Mttp : Good Afternoon Tikay, I will certainly give it more thought over the remainder of the weekend. I like to play my poker at the most profitable hours. I nap Friday & Saturday Evenings and play throughout the night to welcome home fellow players from the pub and make sure they got home safely. I will look forward to the show. Ilona
    Posted by Ms_Chips
    Oh my goodness - you I like.

I love to see Posts written "in code"!

I was writing elsewhere yesterday, & alluded to the fact that I "have to go do some gardening, I need to get rid of some nettles with my bare hands". I was, of course, alluding to a problem I had to deal with, & using the old adage "I have to grasp some nettles" to allude to it.

And people started telling me how to get rid of nettles. Real nettles.......

You & me will get along just fine.
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    How about for one day only, all DYM sit & go's only pay the top two and the third place cash goes into a Haiti pot?

I don't know how much backing that would get,but, every little helps.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    How about for one day only, all DYM sit & go's only pay the top two and the third place cash goes into a Haiti pot? I don't know how much backing that would get,but, every little helps.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Guys,

This is simply not possible.

However worthy the cause, Sky Poker cannot start deducting money from the Prize Pools.

Please see the earlier Posts.

If you wish, dionate direct to the cause - which would be excellent - or wait until Monday, when Llona & myself will organise something whereby we raise some money via DYM's or whatever, & I'll then send it to the Charity.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's a good idea but like Tikay & yourself have mentioned this may be to much work for sky to regulate however, we could maybe ask folk who would like to partake in some fundraising work to maybe donate maybe an hour of their time or so playing SnG's and donate some profit made during this time.

Thanks for the input
  • Options
    BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
    edited January 2010
    I think this is a very good Idea.

I am certainly more than willing to play in a big buy in event £100+ with the entire prize pool being donated entirely to the cause. I think there would be many "big name" players also willing to play for such a worthy cause. Or, perhaps, if players aren't comfortable with donating the entire prize pool to the appeal then it could be halved with half going to the appeal and half remaining in the pay out structure.

Browndog
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SkyPoker for Haiti Sng, Mttp : Guys, This is simply not possible. However worthy the cause, Sky Poker cannot start deducting money from the Prize Pools. Please see the earlier Posts. If you wish, dionate direct to the cause - which would be excellent - or wait until Monday, when Llona & myself will organise something whereby we raise some money via DYM's or whatever, & I'll then send it to the Charity.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the quick response Tikay, I was unaware of the practicalities but obviously I can see the logic.

I look forward to Monday and, in the meantime, if I can be of assistance, just let me know.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SkyPoker for Haiti Sng, Mttp : Guys, This is simply not possible. However worthy the cause, Sky Poker cannot start deducting money from the Prize Pools. Please see the earlier Posts. If you wish, dionate direct to the cause - which would be excellent - or wait until Monday, when Llona & myself will organise something whereby we raise some money via DYM's or whatever, & I'll then send it to the Charity.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Will this involve us ensuring that you win each DYM hence boosting your Sharkscope stats?  :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SkyPoker for Haiti Sng, Mttp : Will this involve us ensuring that you win each DYM hence boosting your Sharkscope stats?  :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    I never said I'd win them - I just said I'd donate!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: SkyPoker for Haiti Sng, Mttp : Thanks for the quick response Tikay, I was unaware of the practicalities but obviously I can see the logic. I lkk forward to Monday and, in the meantime, if I can be of assistance, just let me know.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Thanks Knacky. I'm sure we'll sort something between us.