You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Gonedoggin | Moved Post

SkyKirstySkyKirsty Member Posts: 289
edited August 2016 in Chat with Channing
When was the first time you were ever televised playing? Did it effect your game? And does it now?

Proudest achievment in Poker?

Favourite place to play and why?

As you are a horse racing fanatic, did the horse meat scandal of 2013 upset you more then the average?

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited August 2016
    I think you need a different forum for that Kirsty and not just a different section of this one 
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Gonedoggin | Moved Post:
    I think you need a different forum for that Kirsty and not just a different section of this one 
    Posted by Jac35

If she needs any pointers....
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    edited August 2016

Thanks for the questions Gonedoggin and thanks for moving them Kirsty...I had made the welcome one a sticky without closing it and I thought it made it all a bit messy. Possibly we should have done this as one long thread but hopefully you'll see I try and get round to a couple of questions at a time and leave a few to gain comments and further questions before I get to them.

First time playing TV poker was the Speed Poker event that I think only happened once. I guess at that stage the cameras had been on me at the WSOP and I'd played on a feature table when they weren't filming so I'd never had my hand shown. That day I don't think I played great but nobody really did and I won the heat. The studio was in Hammersmith and it was really a theatre that they sometimes used for TV. There was a big hand when someone made a set vs two pair and you could hear all kinds of shouting coming from the green room where family and friends were watching and could see the hole cards. I guess if you had the two pair you'd be unsure what that meant...maybe you've just busted someone's aces. I beat Korosh heads-up. He was a guy I'd played with for years and he really liked beating me but generally it worked the other way for him. Don't think he likes me.

The semi-final was like a super-sat as three from six go through and it didn't really go well for me. I don't remember too much about the winner. I think I played Ok and understood what we were trying to do more than most of the people and I definitely didn't change because people would see the hands.

Proudest achievement is probably the successes at the WSOP. The Irish Open was great fun and I played well but the series has been a long-term project.

The favourite place I answered yesterday to someone else and it would be between the Vic, Melbourne and maybe any WSOP event when it gets deep.

I am a horse racing fanatic. I do love the sport but I guess if it didn't have gambling available I wouldn't be that bothered by watching it. The horses are wonderful creatures though and I would never like to see one harmed. The French eat them and I don't think I ever could.