You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Getting away from hands (Folding)

Metal_DudeMetal_Dude Member Posts: 14
edited September 2016 in The Poker Clinic
Dear All, 

I don't normally post much on the forum but I would like some advice as I've been in similar spots before. Please see template below:

* Table type: MTT 
 * No. of players at table: 6
 * Player types: Loose (Villain called my Aks 4x raise oop with q7 spiked 7) prior to this hand 
 * Stack sizes of the relevant players: Villain about 18k, me about 8k after AK loss

* Blinds/antes: 50/100 iirc
 * Details on this hand:

Fairly simple, folded around to V in small blind me in big. I hold A3o. Flop comes A A 5 rainbow. Check, check. 

Turn is a brick, something like 9d.  He leads out quarter to half pot I call. At this point for some reason I'm beginning to suspect that I am behind and that he has the case ace in the deck. It's happened to me before but I couldn't bring myself to fold. 

Anyway, the river is 10c he shoves I call he shows A10o. Busto. 

It's my fault as I had a feeling he had the other remaining ace and if I were in a better mindset I would of given folding a lot more thought. But, I think the previous hand had influence plus I was hoping to reclaim some of the chips I had donated... 

So.. The question is how can you lay down a raggy set when mathematically it's unlikely (probably in most occasions) that your up against the case A set?

Any comments would be appreciated. 

Muchos Gracias 

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited September 2016
    Did he raise pre?
  • Options
    raggy94raggy94 Member Posts: 149
    edited September 2016

So.. The question is how can you lay down a raggy set when mathematically it's unlikely (probably in most occasions) that your up against the case A set?

Think the more relevant question is whether you're likely to be up against a better hand when facing a 20x pot river shove.
  • Options
    Metal_DudeMetal_Dude Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Getting away from hands (Folding):
    So.. The question is how can you lay down a raggy set when mathematically it's unlikely (probably in most occasions) that your up against the case A set? Think the more relevant question is whether you're likely to be up against a better hand when facing a 20x pot river shove.
    Posted by raggy94

No raise pre and yes, it's the shove reraise. As I said I thought I was behind (well, had an inkling) on the turn but didn't put him on an ace as no raise pre. I guess the question is at what point to lay it down.. After thinking it's probably after being raised on the river, what can I beat..?