You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Where are the STT payout structures?

FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Just had a chat with tech support regarding the lack of STT payout information. It only requires a few minor alterations to the poker lobby, so i am posting the transcript here so that we can keep badgering until it gets fixed...

15:24:55 Ashley has joined this session!
15:24:55 Connected with Ashley
15:24:55 Hi phil, my name's Ashley. How can I help you today?
15:25:50 I've found a big problem on the website. If you look at the Sit & Go tabs, none of them tell you the payout structure
15:26:37 It might be the same for all tournaments. I've not checked MTT's
15:27:46 It is the same for MTT. Just looked.
15:30:55 one moment please
15:33:40 apologies for the delay.
15:36:22 ok
15:39:51 The Prize structures and pool is on the actual tournament lobby.
15:40:11 you will have to click on tournament lobby if you register.
15:40:40 Yes, but the structure is not visible BEFORE the tournament starts
15:43:06 Select a 6 seat STT with nobody registered yet. Now tell me how many places get paid and how much each player will receive...
15:43:45 It is a vital piece of information.
15:44:46 I understand what you saying.
15:45:01 give me a moment.
15:45:04 Ok
15:46:06 The standard way to display this info is as a % of the prize fund: i.e. 1st = 65%, 2nd = 35%, etc
15:58:43 thank you for holding Phil, the structures and the way it's been set up does display however only if there is a couple of players registered for the event, it does not give the percentage but it does give you the amount you going to win, because the actual event referring to STT is definitely to start, however on a MTT it's difficult displaying this details as it's a scheduled event and will only start once the minimum is registered and again the prize structure will change on the amount of registrations.
16:01:27 Yes, i understand that for MTT it's not easy. But for STT it should always remain the same. There is no structure at all on the STT lobby, it simply says that 1st will win "x" league points which is not useful on its own.
16:02:20 I understand, I'll put trough your comments to our poker team.
16:02:40 that's unfortunately all I can do :)
16:02:49 Also, that info should be on the main page. Customers need to see the structure before they register. I guess most players don't care. :o)
16:03:15 I'll post on the forum as well, just to keep it rolling. ;o)
16:03:48 sure.
16:03:53 Is there anything else I can help you with?
16:04:27 Not yet. I'll let you know. ha ha.
16:04:48 lol
16:04:53 Thanks for chatting. If you need to contact us again just click on the link at the side of the page.
16:04:53 Ashley has left this session!
16:04:53 The session has ended!

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    hey there FishingPhi,

i'll forward this thread to the poker team and see if they have any thoughts.

cheers
  • Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited January 2010
    • Sit and Go Lobby
    • Select the table you want
    • Go to Tournament Lobby
    • Right hand side, second tab = Blinds and Prize Structure.

That do it for you?

• Options
    salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Where are the STT payout structures?:
    Sit and Go Lobby Select the table you want Go to Tournament Lobby Right hand side, second tab = Blinds and Prize Structure. That do it for you?
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I noticed when i looked at prizes it says 1st prize 3 pts when the table is empty and this only changes when players join. Why not state what the prizes would be when the table is full,

Therefore even when the table is empty it would say
    1st  £25
    2nd £10
    3rd  £5
    Or something like that. I think that would be better advertising than the way it is now.

Salazar
  • Options
    FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2010
    Sit and Go Lobby Select the table you want Go to Tournament Lobby Right hand side, second tab = Blinds and Prize Structure. That do it for you?
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    No. As stated above, this is only correct once the tourney is full. If you click any STT that is still registering, it simply says "1st: 1 league point" which is of no use to someone *thinking* about registering because they don't know what the payouts are. I know that the structure for an MTT is variable and can't be set until registration is complete but for an STT it will always be the same.

Another problem i reported a few weeks ago (which nothing has been done about) is that it requires 5 or 6 mouse clicks just to launch an STT in order to watch it (assuming we're not registered). For an STT, it *should* be on the main lobby page, regardless of whether or not we are registered.

These 2 problems appear to be due to the fact that the Sky developers have used the same layout for both MTT and STT which, although easier to code, is a terrible oversight because the formats are not the same.
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Where are the STT payout structures? : No. As stated above, this is only correct once the tourney is full. If you click any STT that is still registering, it simply says "1st: 1 league point" which is of no use to someone *thinking* about registering because they don't know what the payouts are. I know that the structure for an MTT is variable and can't be set until registration is complete but for an STT it will always be the same. Another problem i reported a few weeks ago (which nothing has been done about) is that it requires 5 or 6 mouse clicks just to launch an STT in order to watch it (assuming we're not registered). For an STT, it *should* be on the main lobby page, regardless of whether or not we are registered. These 2 problems appear to be due to the fact that the Sky developers have used the same layout for both MTT and STT which, although easier to code, is a terrible oversight because the formats are not the same.
    Posted by FishingPhi

Hi FishingPhi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Changing the way Sit & Go prizes are displayed in the lobby, to ignore the current no. entrants and show fixed prizes, is a large and complex development. We have previously discussed this area internally and will do so again in the future until we come up with the right answer.

We have also noted your 2nd point regarding launching a Sit & Go table as an observer from the web lobby which is currently 5 mouse clicks. Yes the lobby pop-up for Sit & Go's and MTT's is identical which maintains consistency for all tournament players. It is possible for Sit & Go's to have multiple tables and similarly MTT's with just the one table (albeit rarely), therefore it would not always be possible to launch a table directly from the web lobby, which in turn can cause confusion when the button is not always available.

I am sure it is technically possible for the lobby to only display a 'Launch Tournament' option in the web lobby if a Sit & Go or MTT currently has only 1 active table (which would also include the Primo in a final table situation for example)

This is an avenue which our development team may well pursue in the future.

We appreciate your feedback, you make some excellent points in all of your posts.

Best Wishes

Adam