You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bounty Hunters

HaveaA1DayHaveaA1Day Member Posts: 203
edited December 2021 in Strategy
I seem to do really bad in these, like now in the Mayhems, I haven't taken a single head and I have played in nearly all of them so far. Could you guys give me some tips on how to approach these?.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited May 2016
    I think you have to take early bounties as a good stack is far more important in these.Take a risk or two.Theres another six days,but judging by yesterday theyve go off at a good lick.I dont think the hare and the tortoise approach will work in these.But all is not lost as i would guess that three decent evenings out of the seven should see you in the mix and the money.glgl tonight.
  • Options
    HaveaA1DayHaveaA1Day Member Posts: 203
    edited May 2016
    Thanks mate, u2
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited May 2016
    Freeroll MTTs are the sort of MTT where a quick big stack will do you well, players will go all in with raggy aces so you can treat AJ/A10 more like AK/AQ. middle and low pocket pairs are going to be shoved so you might as well treat JJ-99  more like an AA-QQ. you might even be called or callig against Kx QJ.
    One hand that is better than you think is higher suited connectors, they might not actually be ahead of the opponent but they've got as much chance of winning against raggy ace as the AK against QQ.

If you don't get these early double ups then things will become alot harder because when it gets towards bubble players are more tight and want to get that cash this is especially clear when past the bubble when players  are even folding 3BB stacks when sitting in the blind.
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,811
    edited May 2016
    A lot to agree with and disagree with there Craig.

Firstly, BH MTTs some people say you have to treat as a regular MTT but I diagree. BH you have HALF the prizepool as bounties so you have to play for them.

I do agree that hands like 99/1010 and AJ/AQ go up in value and if you watch your players you know that even open shoving gets calls by a lot of very weak holdings. Its also important to increase your pre raises. 4 and 5x and at lower levels even more. Early doors you dont even have to worry about being balanced, raise big with good hands and less with lesser hands.

As for when you approach the bubble it gets harder. It gets easier. You can pummel those stacks and build yours up so that when it breaks your in a great position to pick up all those micro stacks and build up bounties that way.

• Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunters:
    A lot to agree with and disagree with there Craig. Firstly, BH MTTs some people say you have to treat as a regular MTT but I diagree. BH you have HALF the prizepool as bounties so you have to play for them. I do agree that hands like 99/1010 and AJ/AQ go up in value and if you watch your players you know that even open shoving gets calls by a lot of very weak holdings. Its also important to increase your pre raises. 4 and 5x and at lower levels even more. Early doors you dont even have to worry about being balanced, raise big with good hands and less with lesser hands. As for when you approach the bubble it gets harder. It gets easier. You can pummel those stacks and build yours up so that when it breaks your in a great position to pick up all those micro stacks and build up bounties that way.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    My post is in no way referring to general bounty hunters just the mayhem freerolls

"I haven't taken a single head and I have played in nearly all of them so far."

It might be titled bounty hunters but this part of his text clearly states that his main intention was to get tips about mayhem freerolls.
  • Options
    delboy21delboy21 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Bounty Hunters:
    I seem to do really bad in these, like now in the Mayhems, I haven't taken a single head and I have played in nearly all of them so far. Could you guys give me some tips on how to approach these?. Thanks
    Posted by HaveaA1Day
    the problem with bounty hunters lowstake ones people will call on dross.rubbish just to get ur bounty all u can do is see what there calling on and adjust but u cant beat the computer if it wants u to lose u will
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,153
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Bounty Hunters : the problem with bounty hunters lowstake ones people will call on dross.rubbish just to get ur bounty all u can do is see what there calling on and adjust but u cant beat the computer if it wants u to lose u will
    Posted by delboy21
    lol
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunters : lol
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I seem to do ok in bounty hunters, prob because I have a good computer.;)
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited September 2016
    you have to call wider for bounties as they have a chip value, so you get better pot odds on your call.

So say you play the 33£ BH, £15 pays for 5k chips and £15 goes on your head, you win £7.50 for the KO, so the KO is worth half a starting stack or 2500 chips. So for every £15 on a players head you need to add 2500 chips to the pot.

You face an all in on the first hand blind v blind at 50/100 blinds. Your risking 4900(your stack - the bb) to win 12500(your chips+his chips+the bounty) rather than 4900 to win 10000 in a normal mtt. In a normal mtt you need 49% equity in a KO mtt you need 39.5%
  • Options
    ZIPPY146ZIPPY146 Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2016
    I seem to do really bad in these, like now in the Mayhems, I haven't taken a single head and I have played in nearly all of them so far. Could you guys give me some tips on how to approach these?. Thanks
    Posted by HaveaA1Day
  • Options
    ZIPPY146ZIPPY146 Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2016
    Posted by HaveaA1Day