You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What? PTP on SUNDAY?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

First up, I hope you have all had a happy & peaceful Sunday.

Now, back to "work" - I'm doing PTP tonight. Well I need to do something, I've not worked since last night.

And tonight, I shall mainly play.....

The 8pm Main Event

The 7.15pm £150 Guaranteed Omaha.

The 8.15pm £150 Guaranteed Omaha.

That apart, I will be playing SMALL-STAKES Omaha all evening, until Midnight.

If you have ANY Omaha related questions, either hands that go down tonight that you see, or play, or anything Omaha-related at all, please Post them on the Omaha Board. Hopefully, our resident Omaha players will help me with the replies, (probably be tomorrow before I reply) especially Talon, who has helped so many with Omaha.

Please ask a Question or two on that Thread, or I'm gonna feel well silly.

I'll set the Thread up shortly, & Post a Link to it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010

The PTP Omaha Thread has now been set up, & has been inundated (almost) with replies.

It's HERE
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited January 2010
    err, quiet in here isn't it?
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Well, 9.30pm & I'm out of my Three Tourneys, pfft.

In the Primo, I was never above my starting stack, & I got battered about every hand I played, including having to put Aces down when the scariest board in Scary-Board Ville came a 1 line straight & 4-flush. Down to 500, I got a few shoves through, but I eventually ran, with impeccable timing, my A-Q into "oldboy"'s Aces.

Kudos to OMahoney, who got a shade lucky with a suited ace to bust Kings, & he was then subjected to a torrent of abuse by KK man, which Mahoney handled with great class, just turning the other cheek.

I did better in the two Omaha Tourneys, getting 13th in the 8.15, & 2nd in the 7.15, for which I trousered about £55 I think, so a little profit on the evening so far.

I was Heads-Up in the 7.15 Omaha whilst I was doing the Live Phone-In to the Show, & managed to get it all in with A-Q-Q-T, suited in spades, I thought it'd be sort of cool to double up whilst talking to the Studio during the Phone-In. My deep-stacked oppo (FINS - who was short-listed in last night's TP) had the Aces. Two spades on the floppy-woppy gave me hope, but I failed to improve further. Bleurgh.

Sadly, FINS was also subjected to a tirade of abuse after he busted a player in the Final. Again, he handled it with class. Some Players do need to learn to take defeat a little better imo. Beats in Omaha happen just about every hand, as players are always on hands which can improve to win. I've played poker for a good few years now, & I know how many beans make five, but I've never understood why bustees have to "go off on one". It's just a game of poker.

Ho-hum.

So, after a short break, I'll be playing some Low-Level Omaha Cash, starting at 2p-4p, then 5p-10p & finally 10p-20p, until about midnight. I'll be playing as TIKAY10.

After I've finished PTP, after midnight, I'll fire up my tikay1 Account, & head for the 25-50p, 50p-£1, & £1-£2 Omaha Cash Tables for an hour or two. I have some business to settle with TommyD. ;)