You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

a goodbye

skaman1skaman1 Member Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Brags, Beats and Variance
I've been registered with Skypoker for more than 6 years now and it's now dawned on me that it's pointless playing on here. Three weeks ago I won the what was then 10.05pm Bounty hunter (winnings over £90.00) and every single night since then without fail I have lost early in every game. That some wil say is poker for you however I find it very strange to lose to trip 3s on the river when you show AA and the oponant turns 82 over. Tonight was the last straw for me. In tonights bounty huinter I had 44 three consecutive hands I don't and won't believe thats the way the cards fall. Every hand I play in every game i play since my win is beaten by a pair 1 number higher or IO lose a straight to a flush on the river i've had enough. Once i play down the money i have on Sky i am deregistering. I don't mind losing but i like to feel the game was lost fair and i dont 

Comments

• Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited October 2016
    You won a tournament 3 weeks ago and since then you have had some bad luck/ not done much so your quitting? suprised you stuck around for 6 years. Suck it up
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,202
    edited October 2016
    In Response to a goodbye:
    I've been registered with Skypoker for more than 6 years now and it's now dawned on me that it's pointless playing on here. Three weeks ago I won the what was then 10.05pm Bounty hunter (winnings over £90.00) and every single night since then without fail I have lost early in every game. That some wil say is poker for you however I find it very strange to lose to trip 3s on the river when you show AA and the oponant turns 82 over. Tonight was the last straw for me. In tonights bounty huinter I had 44 three consecutive hands I don't and won't believe thats the way the cards fall. Every hand I play in every game i play since my win is beaten by a pair 1 number higher or IO lose a straight to a flush on the river i've had enough. Once i play down the money i have on Sky i am deregistering. I don't mind losing but i like to feel the game was lost fair and i dont 
    Posted by skaman1
    Very strange indeed.......I presume you meant he had 8-3
    You probably won't remember the times you got lucky on the river.....people rarely do. If you feel that badly why would you play down your money with SKY? Why don't you just withdraw it? at least you will leave with something, never mind all the enjoyment you've obviously had, as you've been playing on here for so long.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,618
    edited October 2016
    You pay your money you put your chips in ....... You play the cards ... raise .... call .... fold .... why blame Sky.?
  • Options
    scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited October 2016
    Posted by skaman1
    Not really 3 CONSECUTIVE hands if you think about it, maybe three hands in a row to you, but most certainly not CONSECUTIVE, just check your HH for the hand numbers
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited October 2016
    Posted by skaman1
    Too much, too young.

Variance makes us see monster under the bed at times, we all go through it.  Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.
  • Options
    percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited October 2016
    Maybe OP is right guys
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited October 2016
    now your married with a kid, when you should be having fun.
  • Options
    CATCH-22CATCH-22 Member Posts: 270
    edited October 2016
    sigh
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited October 2016

please take this the right way...

could it be that since your win you've started to think that you're a better player?  this might lead to playing a slightly different game.  keeping opponents in the hand for longer with your tweaked style.  being beaten on the river by players who shouldn't be there.

if you considered yourself good, poor or average, go back to playing that way.

glgl

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited October 2016
    Posted by skaman1

Cancelled my Sky Sports subscription for exactly the same reason when Leicester won the league.

Just dont and wont accept that it's possible in real life.

• Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    edited October 2016
    I suggest if your enjoying playing on Sky poker continue, if not take a break. If the spark doesnt return after a few breaks then take a long break or stop altogether. I think the reason your not enjoying it is irrelevant in making your decision.

Ger
  • Options
    camilogcamilog Member Posts: 347
    edited October 2016
    I have felt like that on numerous occasions and many more lol!!!!!

I have been gonna pack it in everytime......... But I am still here......

I have always wondered if you getting as many badbeats in the highter staked tournies as you do in the lower stake tournies........But I dont play higher stakes tournies, so wouldnt know...

Just suck it up and go to next game.....
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: a goodbye:
    In Response to a goodbye : Cancelled my Sky Sports subscription for exactly the same reason when Leicester won the league. Just dont and wont accept that it's possible in real life.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Marathon Man wins the thread, that's an excellent analogy.
  • Options
    ellroy84ellroy84 Member Posts: 174
    edited October 2016
    Positive Tilt??

A VERY under-rated poker Problem.

Some folks after a Big Win, can just leak loses, with plays & betting patterns they were not using before.

Seen this, and done this many times myself.
  • Options
    ellroy84ellroy84 Member Posts: 174
    edited October 2016
    now your married with a kid, when you should be having fun.
    Posted by rainman215

'Now you're chained to the cooker making current buns for tea'
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: a goodbye : 'Now you're chained to the cooker making current buns for tea'
    Posted by ellroy84
    Thought that was only women ;) lol
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,388
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: a goodbye : Thought that was only women ;) lol
    Posted by Darkangel7

Thats why they wear white when they get married, its so they match the fridge, the washer , the cooker etc.

yours in fun 
  • Options
    kelly05kelly05 Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2016
    Posted by skaman1
    totaly agree with you i watch other tables when am playing and the card that comes on the river is unreal i supose thats why this site is so small even after they have been going for so long
  • Options
    kelly05kelly05 Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2016
    Posted by skaman1
    totaly agree with you i watch other tables when am playing and the card that comes on the river is unreal i supose thats why this site is so small even after they have been going for so long