You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Decent Poker Tournaments

waloobwaloob Member Posts: 1
edited December 2016 in Chat with Channing
Why does Sky Poker not offer a better range of poker tournaments similar to other poker sites. All I see are small to low head hunter or micro freeze out during the day with one medium headhunter in the evening and a once a week larger tournament. I, and I expect quite a few other players would like to see a variety of games not just headhunter games, how about £5 or £10 rebuys with a GTD pot? Perhaps this is the reason the volume of players are low?

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Decent Poker Tournaments:
    Why does Sky Poker not offer a better range of poker tournaments similar to other poker sites. All I see are small to low head hunter or micro freeze out during the day with one medium headhunter in the evening and a once a week larger tournament. I, and I expect quite a few other players would like to see a variety of games not just headhunter games, how about £5 or £10 rebuys with a GTD pot? Perhaps this is the reason the volume of players are low?
    Posted by waloob
    Firstly, why should Sky aspire to be similar to others?-surely it is about having a USP.

Secondly, poker sites tend to be led by its customer base-it remains the case here that bounty hunters do far better than anything else. Sky regularly tries to promote different tournaments (including higher buy-ins) but with (at best) mixed results. The Tuesday High Roller is keeping its head above water (check it out), but a large buy-in Rebuy was not well supported and therefore dropped recently.

Thirdly, your votes options appear to consist of: 1. I'm right; 2. You know i'm right; and 3. You think I'm right-there needs to be an option for leaving it "as is", particularly where Sky has just revamped (and improved) its offering.

Please don't think I'm having a go-personally, I agree with you re the amount of bounty hunters, but it's the regular Sky players that particularly like them-many people play here and elsewhere to get a mix of MTTs that suit them...

Thanks for posting and making me think...
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Decent Poker Tournaments:
    Posted by waloob
    Sky is mainly a UK site so you wont see vast amounts of bigger guarantee games during the day. There are 2 £5 rebuy games each day I believe. The majority of players have shown they prefer bounty hunter tournaments so sky give the majority what they want. 
  • Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited December 2016
    All about the customer base. Sky have tried loads of times to put in different games at request of people but the mighty army then never turn up for said events.

Is a unique sute here fella and above all, in general a friendly bunch

Merry xmas