You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Skype Help

goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
edited December 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
Anyone use Skype to talk to Family Abroad.?

I have used it over the years to talk to my Family in Australia it's sometimes hit and miss if you get good picture & sound, but it's nice to see them and chat.   In Jan this year pop-up said update available so I loaded it thinking it would be improvement,  however next time I skype'd them I couldn't hear them but they could hear me.   Went on line to find others had the same problem saying the update version had bug . De-install Re-install new version.  Tried this but everything was the same couldn't hear them.  Skype'd friends in UK  no problems good sound picture.  Tried other family overseas and it appears the problem is calls outside UK..   Online they are saying it's to do with the Firewall so checked this and it's switched to allow Skype.   Anyone had this and managed to sort it..     
cheers.

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,396
    edited December 2016
    what about facebook chat? video works through that too.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Skype Help:
    what about facebook chat? video works through that too.
    Posted by mumsie
    Thanks  mumsie,   OK for UK ...... but Family in Oz getting old don't go on facebook. They write on sheets of paper and hold  up to Camera.  Be OK if they'd stopped shaking be able to read it.  lol

I suppose like Adobe 22 or was it 23 will have to wait for new version .?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    And before anyone suggests it .......... I'm not taking lip reading lessons. !