You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Starting Stacks

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,443
edited January 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
The £15,000 guaranteed tournament every Sunday included a starting stack of 10,000 chips every week. This week it has been reduced to 5,000. The starting stacks no longer seem to make any sense. For instance if you compare 3 Bounty Hunter tournaments being played tonight, the three have different guarantees, different buy ins, but the same starting stacks. Does this make sense to anyone? They are the £2,000 guaranteed. £15,000 guaranteed, and the £10,000 guaranteed. The buy ins are £55, £110, and £33, and all of them have the same starting stack of 5,000 chips.
The WSOP have a formula where the starting stack directly relates to the buy in. Sky seem to operate on a pot luck basis, and have not given this much thought.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,119
    edited January 2017

Hi Tony,

It has changed this week - & throughout January - as the Bounty Hunter Champion Promo has meant other regular MTT's such as the Sunday Major have been cancelled.

Not sure "not much thought has been given to starting stacks" is fair comment, but I get what you are saying.

Hope you are well, & as old & obdurate as ever.  

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I understand it has all changed, but that is no real excuse, as for the last week or so we have had two bounty hunters every night with the same starting stack, and one had a £33 buy in, the other was £110. That didnt take much thought.  Over treble the buy in and the same starting stack. Who could think this was logical, other than very old people that have lost all their marbles.

A mate of mine is selling stair lifts now, let me know when you are ready for one and I will put you in touch with him.

I am only sitting here writing emails because I am out. If you had given me a decent starting stack I would be still in rather than being a nuisance.

Happy new year you doddery old b....r.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Obdurate is quite fair I suppose, just looked it up.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    It is impossible to argue about the Sunday major, as it has been replaced by a tournament which has exactly the same guarantee, and buy in, but only half the starting stack.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,083
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Starting Stacks:
    It is impossible to argue about the Sunday major, as it has been replaced by a tournament which has exactly the same guarantee, and buy in, but only half the starting stack.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    To be fair, it is also changed to a Bounty hunter this month, which rounds up the bounty Hunter weekly count to a nice 1 gazillion....(if you only like BH's that is)

The promotion has a lot of good points, but the lack of variety in the Mains (type, stack size etc) is not 1 of them
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,119
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Starting Stacks:
    Obdurate is quite fair I suppose, just looked it up.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Well I was being kind, to be fair.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I was purely arguing that the starting stack should be relative to the buy in. The bigger the buy in surely the bigger the starting stack should be. Yet when we had the Sunday tournament with 10,000 starting chips and £110 buy in, we had another on Tuesdays with a £220 buy in and only a 5,000 starting stack. Impossible to see any logic in that.
    I would also agree that to have all the main tournaments during the day and night having the same format ie bounty hunter doesnt require much imagination.
    The three £22 buy in tournaments during the day which start at 12, 3, and 6pm are all bounty hunters, and the main 5 or 6 tournaments at night are also all bounty hunters.