You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

i made a mess of this one what would you do

weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,679
edited December 2021 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexxSmall blind 150.00150.002654.36weecheez1Big blind 300.00450.001106.28 Your hole cards10A4K   tikay1Fold    gerardirlFold    xxCall 150.00600.002504.36weecheez1Raise 600.001200.00506.28xxCall 600.001800.001904.36Flop  QQ6   xxCheck    weecheez1Check    Turn  3   xxCheck    weecheez1Check    River  3   xxCheck    weecheez1Check    xxShow4652   weecheez1Muck10A4K   xxWin highTwo Pairs, Queens and 6s1800.00 3704.36 No qualifying low hand    

Comments

• weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,679
    edited January 2017
    the above hand was from a £5 dym last night and it made the differance between a winning and losing session what the hand does not show was that TK only had about 700 left i repotted thinking it was an easy fold for the gentleman but my stack just wasnt big enough was this just a fold thanks
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited January 2017
    It is definitely not a fold, you are in the BB.

Normally to an open limper I would be potting that hand all day long. Double suited with good chances at both ends. 4 is not ideal much better a 2 or 3, but at the business end of a DYM I am normally happy to get it in with a hand that good especially if noone has raised into me.

However given the presence of a short stack at the table I am happy to check and see a flop there. 

Also the blinds are not quite big enough yet for you to have great fold equity with a pot bet. If you can pot and effectively be all-in it puts more pressure on the open limper.

Fwiw I don't think xx should be limp/calling with that hand and you should have factored in what you thought the opponent would do to a raise based on their play previously. Had they been folding to aggression or calling and if calling with what sort of hands?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,763
    edited January 2017

Given your stack size, its a stone cold repot, & what will be will be. You can't be in terrible shape against much.

The key here is to have something both ends - high & low.

That low only hand can hit a lot of flops, for sure, but on an all paint flop it'd be in a world of hurt.

When we get to the sharp end, unless I'm desperate, I want a balanced hand.
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: i made a mess of this one what would you do:
    Given your stack size, its a stone cold repot, & what will be will be. You can't be in terrible shape against much. The key here is to have something both ends - high & low.   That low only hand can hit a lot of flops, for sure, but on an all paint flop it'd be in a world of hurt.   When we get to the sharp end, unless I'm desperate, I want a balanced hand.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks TK I thought it was a reasonable hand but given that you only had about 2.5 bb should I of left it and looked for a spot against you 
    edited January 2017
    It is definitely not a fold, you are in the BB. Normally to an open limper I would be potting that hand all day long. Double suited with good chances at both ends. 4 is not ideal much better a 2 or 3, but at the business end of a DYM I am normally happy to get it in with a hand that good especially if noone has raised into me. However given the presence of a short stack at the table I am happy to check and see a flop there.  Also the blinds are not quite big enough yet for you to have great fold equity with a pot bet. If you can pot and effectively be all-in it puts more pressure on the open limper. Fwiw I don't think xx should be limp/calling with that hand and you should have factored in what you thought the opponent would do to a raise based on their play previously. Had they been folding to aggression or calling and if calling with what sort of hands?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks phantom to be honest I expected an insta fold it was deffo a bad read especially when I seen his hand was a six high with no ace but I will learn from this one 
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited January 2017
    It is definitely not a fold, you are in the BB. Normally to an open limper I would be potting that hand all day long. Double suited with good chances at both ends. 4 is not ideal much better a 2 or 3, but at the business end of a DYM I am normally happy to get it in with a hand that good especially if noone has raised into me. However given the presence of a short stack at the table I am happy to check and see a flop there.  Also the blinds are not quite big enough yet for you to have great fold equity with a pot bet. If you can pot and effectively be all-in it puts more pressure on the open limper. Fwiw I don't think xx should be limp/calling with that hand and you should have factored in what you thought the opponent would do to a raise based on their play previously. Had they been folding to aggression or calling and if calling with what sort of hands?
    Posted by Phantom66

I think Mark nails it, personally making up the blinds is not something I ever do, I might limp to handcuff a short stack that may shove an unopened pot, but you obviously need to be strong enough to call if he/she shoves (I don't think villians hand fits that criteria), if this is one of those sticky limp call types then checking is the best option. 
    As played I don't think he is ever folding so sticking the rest in is counterproductive.
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: i made a mess of this one what would you do : I think Mark nails it, personally making up the blinds is not something I ever do, I might limp to handcuff a short stack that may shove an unopened pot, but you obviously need to be strong enough to call if he/she shoves (I don't think villians hand fits that criteria), if this is one of those sticky limp call types then checking is the best option.  As played I don't think he is ever folding so sticking the rest in is counterproductive.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Thanks hendrik on reflection I probably should of checked it 
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: i made a mess of this one what would you do : Thanks hendrik on reflection I probably should of checked it 
    Posted by weecheez1

If your stack is such that the impied odds down the streets mean you can bet him off the hand you should repot, and he should realise what you are going to do (albeit that may be assuming too much :-)), but in this case i think you only have approx 1/3 pot for a c bet, so any resistance pre flop and a c bet is futile.

*for sci fi geeks
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: i made a mess of this one what would you do : If your stack is such that the impied odds down the streets mean you can bet him off the hand you should repot, and he should realise what you are going to do (albeit that may be assuming too much :-)), but in this case i think you only have approx 1/3 pot for a c bet, so any resistance pre flop and a c bet is futile. *for sci fi geeks
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Lol he certainly assimilated my stack
    edited January 2017
    :-)