You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Any ideas for future promotions?

markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
edited January 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
What kind of promotions would players like to see on Sky? I will post a few of my own ideas after this post.

This isn't a bash at Sky in anyway. The promotions on here are in my opinion generally quite immaginative. As an example, although I didn't benefit from it personally, I though the Mayhem Freerolls which were part of the Viva Las Vegas promotion last summer were particularly fun!

Having said that if players make suggestions regarding promotions they would like to see on Sky in the future then maybe it will give the decision makers upstairs something to ponder in future. Who knows, maybe the odd one will stick.

worth a try surely?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Idea 1:

The Lab Rats

This is taken from a past promotion on a site that no longer operates which was particularly fun. A few simple tweaks could be made so it isn't infringing directly on their idea. 

Basically...

* 10 players are selected from the forum/site.
    * They are given an account 'LabRat1', 'LabRat2' etc.
    * Accounts are loaded with £100 and deposit/withdrawal features disabled for obvious reasons.
    * They can play whichever games they want, cash games, SNG's, MTT's.
    * The player with the highest balance after 1 month wins.
    * Players keep their balances at the end of the month but maybe a little something added for winning outright.

There could be an 'application thread' opened up where those wishing to enter can write why they would like to be included and why they would make a good participant. 

Daily updates could show how things are progressing, either via a Sky blog or a daily leaderboard update or both.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Idea 2:

A regular weekly/monthly SNG leaderboard.

Preferably not simply rake based. I understand that rake matters but it also takes the skill element out of the equation. Some sort of leaderboard that offers points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc, maybe covering different buy in levels.

One promotion that springs to mind from many years ago created specific 'leaderboard SNG's' which attracted a slightly higher rake but players were awarded points based on where they finished in the payouts. The extra rake covered a lot or all of the prizes paid out each week. 

Something loosely along those lines may kick start the non-DYM type SNG's into action. Or even one which included DYM's could be fine too.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Could write a few more ideas but will see if anyone else has any suggestions first.
  • Options
    SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2017
    Good thread marky, a couple of years ago they ran a promo called 'up your game' in which you had to double your points each week to enter an ever increasing freeroll over a month iirc. I have never played so much poker in a month since and made a few quid along the way so was surprised to never see it again.

Also, Mayhem freerolls was best promo imho.
  • Options
    maybenevermaybenever Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2017
    I thought the Prem/Champ/Div 1/Div2 promotion was a good one. Gave us micro stake players a chance to take part.