You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Showing hands

GWESGWES Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in The Poker Clinic
I am intersested to hear peoples views on showing hands following the final action.  I mean - many people interpret this as a vehicle to instigate tilt, however I would encourage a table where hands have to be shown following last action.  We have loads of poker software taking advantage of opponents tendancies on other sites, but sky poker to their credit they avoid the administration of this type of software on theirs - kudos to them.  However this does in my opinion obstruct players learning.  Would sky poker consider offering games (to those that opt to do so) where mucking hands after the final action was abandonned so that players can learn from their wrongdoing or good moves.  I am often curious what I have folded to or what have others have folded to my bet.  I think this would encourage the next WSOP winner from Sky Poker.  I would like to suggest a table wher showing of hands is compulsory after the final action to those that wish to do so.  Your thoughts please?

Comments

• Options
    percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited January 2017
    GWES, first of all, I don't think it's clear that seeing villain's hand would aid the learning process. It could equally be argued that it hinders the learning process. Imagine seeing the bluff of your opponent at showdown & thinking that it was a good play, when, in fact, your opponent made a really poor play & it just happened to work. It goes both ways. Additionally I don't actually think you can learn about poker, in terms of raw strategies & ranges etc, by just observing villain's holecards @ showdown. Sure, you can perhaps learn about your opponent & how to exploit him if you can adjust to strategies well, but you wouldn't learn so much about poker in general, i.e. your wrongdoings or successes, which is what I think you mean. 

I also think this sort of thing is bad for poker anyway. Being able to bluff and muck your hand @ SD is a big part of poker, and I imagine it's what makes the game so much fun for a lot of people. Sure, Sky could consider implementing it on a small scale, but I fail to see its broad appeal. 

Also, 3rd party software does not take advantage of anything on any site. It simply provides data. Similar to above, that information does not necessarily lead to learning about your wrongdoings/successes. 

• Options
    GWESGWES Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for your reply Percival09,

Your opinion is appreciated

In Response to Re: Showing hands:
    GWES, first of all, I don't think it's clear that seeing villain's hand would aid the learning process. It could equally be argued that it hinders the learning process. Imagine seeing the bluff of your opponent at showdown & thinking that it was a good play, when, in fact, your opponent made a really poor play & it just happened to work. It goes both ways. Additionally I don't actually think you can learn about poker, in terms of raw strategies & ranges etc, by just observing villain's holecards @ showdown. Sure, you can perhaps learn about your opponent & how to exploit him if you can adjust to strategies well, but you wouldn't learn so much about poker in general, i.e. your wrongdoings or successes, which is what I think you mean.  I also think this sort of thing is bad for poker anyway. Being able to bluff and muck your hand @ SD is a big part of poker, and I imagine it's what makes the game so much fun for a lot of people. Sure, Sky could consider implementing it on a small scale, but I fail to see its broad appeal.  Also, 3rd party software does not take advantage of anything on any site. It simply provides data. Similar to above, that information does not necessarily lead to learning about your wrongdoings/successes. 
    Posted by percival09
  • Options
    ZIPPY146ZIPPY146 Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2017
    interesting idea,i have been an advocate of a tournament,where the cards are shown at the end for along time.But thinking abt it,it might just distort the action, people would play differently,to mislead. a hero call would be redundant cause alot of the last action attitude would be....im going to see the cards anyway so why risk chips.
    i wouldnt mind playing in 1for fun ,but i dont think you could takeaway much information.
    gl on the tables..gwes