You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Online poker, you gotta love it!

fi33erfi33er Member Posts: 164
edited February 2017 in Brags, Beats and Variance
I have read a lot of the posts on here by some people saying the site is fixed, obviously it is not fixed.  I have also read some people say it is pre programmed, yes it is preprogrammed, that is also obvious ha ha, otherwise the site wouldn't be here.

What i find interesting is how computers do random.

I watched a Horizon tv programme about random. It was very intersting, espicially if you play poker.

Random events like a coin flip can go either way, so in the short term it might favour either heads or tails.  In the long run the coin will flip evenly after 100,000's of events.

On the show they drew a graph to show the rasndom flips of the coin. It was a bell shaped graph.  After a lot of repetitions of the event the outcome will come back to 50/50.

Things that are random can still be predicted, a book with a million random single didget numbers would have the same number 7 times in a row suprisingly. 

On here I have been playing spin up which due to the format of the game with (small buy in 10bb and large sb and bb's) has probably the most varience of any poker game.  I have been learning and won for 3 months in a row, but the last 3 months I have lost each one.  This isn't because its fixed or the site is rigged, its just my play being not the best and luck running against me.
I have noticed something interesting though, I have had 5 straight flushes in a short period of time, inside the last month.
I have lost more than my fair share of ak/aq vs ax and also flips and over pairs vs under pairs.  I have split so many pots with a better kicker as well.

I can see that my run of bad luck has balanced out with the incredible luck of getting 5 straight flushes in a month.

unfortunatley for my bank roll the balance hasn't been restored there!!

So all those people who play for a week and say the site is rigged, you need to play for longer and realise that that is POKER.

I hope i don't have a straight flush for a year and win more of my races/ have hands hold up, but that as they say, is all the fun of the game.  Stop throwing mud at the site and online poker, go and study and improve your game, put some hours in and enjoy the ride. 

Comments