You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mac App - Stuck On Initialising

FatHarryFatHarry Member Posts: 10
edited February 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
Just bought a new Mac Book.

Launched App and its stuck on Initialising.....

Tried:

- Remove and re-install App - Re-boot.
- Update Adobe Air / Flash - Re-boot
- Uninstall Adobe Air and Flash - Reinstall - Re-boot
- Remove and re-install App again - Re-boot.

None of these have worked. App still stuck on Initialising..

Any ideas? Went on Live Chat 0 they said use broswer...genius!

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,117
    edited April 2016

Hi Harry,

I'm still learning to use Teletext, so I can't help, but we have a few forum regulars - Noseybonk for example - who help me out with questions such as this. I never even knew we could play poker on a book.

Give it a day, & if he has not responded by then, I'll delve a little deeper for you & see who I can find to assist.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited April 2016
    I just want to clarify that myself and OP are completely separate accounts.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Mac App - Stuck On Initialising:
    Hi Harry, I'm still learning to use Teletext, so I can't help, but we have a few forum regulars - Noseybonk for example - who help me out with questions such as this. I never even knew we could play poker on a book. Give it a day, & if he has not responded by then, I'll delve a little deeper for you & see who I can find to assist.
    Posted by Tikay10

Unfortunately the only Mac experience I have is the Big one from McDonalds :) And that was a long time ago...

• Options
    RLT16RLT16 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Mac App - Stuck On Initialising:
    I just want to clarify that myself and OP are completely separate accounts.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The evidence is there for everyone to see, how havent you been banned yet? ffs sky sort it out
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited April 2016
    I have a macbook pro, haven't had any issues downloading and using the client. I will go through the process again and see if I spot anything that may help.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    So I just uninstalled and downloaded the client again, went to finder, opened the app. went through its usual; installing.....loading CM etc. no problem.
    Created a link to desktop, did same, no issues. 
    I have not updated any factory setting or security.

I have emailed a pal who knows loads about macs as he has never had anything else, hopefully he can shed some light on it.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    My mate says go on the apple site, log in using apple id and ask there. Response times are excellent according to him.
  • Options
    ArtOfWarArtOfWar Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issues and have been for months.

I've tried at various times to uninstall/re-install and even uninstall Adobe Air and re-install the lot with reboots in between and nothing helps.

The Mac menus seem to load up and work however the blue 'initialising' window never dissappears.

The app worked fine until mid last year after an update - I've been using the web app since, however I don't enjoy it so much. It's hard to tab to the table before your timer expires!