You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

William kassouf

smilewipersmilewiper Member Posts: 19
edited February 2017 in Chat with Channing
Hi Neil,

Your someone who I have noticed genuinely cares about poker and the game it self Neil. I was wondering whats your opinion on william kassouf and the recent world series. Have to say I think hes speech play is entertaining and will have more people watching and getting interested in poker. I also dont think he broke the rules with hes speech play, it seemed more like the others didnt like it so played the victim card. The way the table ganged up on him I thought was out of order and also think the tournament judges treated him baddly. He may have annoyed most the players but its not against the rules and the rest of them seemed like they have little social skills. The way he is treated have to say if i could afford to go the world series I wouldnt even bother. 

Anyway thats just my opinion and know we all have different ideas and views. Yours is one I am interested in though as like i say you have always came across as someone who cares about the game.

Comments

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    edited December 2016
     As a general thing about Will I personally like him if I see him at the airport...I have and we've had nice chats...or at the bar. If he comes to my game I hate it. I think his whole act is pretty funny the first couple of times but it maybe 12 years since I first played him and it's like watching a bad sit-com on a loop now. I am a huge fan of people having fun and talking at the tables, it makes people relax and play looser and they are then more likely to lose and also to come back so it's good for me, good for the long-term survival of the game and fun. I don't see that happening with Will...most people at the table are rolling their eyes and getting annoyed.

I can understand people saying that is brilliant for Will as they go on tilt and give him their chips but I actually don't really see that happening too often, he just upsets people.

The worst thing about his whole schtick by a million miles though is that he slows the game down to a ridiculous level. In a normal 9-handed hold-em game you get about 25 hands an hour going up to 30 if it's short handed. If you have Will on your table that can drop down to 12 which basically means the clock on your table is moving twice as fast as the clock on other tables and that isn't fair on anyone at that table. If I am a short-stack and I pass a hand planning to shove a later one after figuring I'll have 14 more chances before I "need" to shove and now Will comes to the table and I only get 7 chances my tournament has been ruined by something that I don't think should happen. You might say it's random but we wouldn't accept a player randomly stealing half of a short-stack by just sneaking round and taking the chips once an hour so why do we tolerate this?

The whole slow play thing isn't helped by the whole Britishness of not wanting to offend so not calling the clock in time. Needs a strong tournament Director to police this stuff and it wasn't Jack Effel's finest hour when he met Will this summer.
  • Options
    conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: William kassouf:
     As a general thing about Will I personally like him if I see him at the airport...I have and we've had nice chats...or at the bar. If he comes to my game I hate it. I think his whole act is pretty funny the first couple of times but it maybe 12 years since I first played him and it's like watching a bad sit-com on a loop now. I am a huge fan of people having fun and talking at the tables, it makes people relax and play looser and they are then more likely to lose and also to come back so it's good for me, good for the long-term survival of the game and fun. I don't see that happening with Will...most people at the table are rolling their eyes and getting annoyed.  I can understand people saying that is brilliant for Will as they go on tilt and give him their chips but I actually don't really see that happening too often, he just upsets people.  The worst thing about his whole schtick by a million miles though is that he slows the game down to a ridiculous level. In a normal 9-handed hold-em game you get about 25 hands an hour going up to 30 if it's short handed. If you have Will on your table that can drop down to 12 which basically means the clock on your table is moving twice as fast as the clock on other tables and that isn't fair on anyone at that table. If I am a short-stack and I pass a hand planning to shove a later one after figuring I'll have 14 more chances before I "need" to shove and now Will comes to the table and I only get 7 chances my tournament has been ruined by something that I don't think should happen. You might say it's random but we wouldn't accept a player randomly stealing half of a short-stack by just sneaking round and taking the chips once an hour so why do we tolerate this?  The whole slow play thing isn't helped by the whole Britishness of not wanting to offend so not calling the clock in time. Needs a strong tournament Director to police this stuff and it wasn't Jack Effel's finest hour when he met Will this summer.
    Posted by NChanning
    i agree that will was treated badly by other players, but also agree with neil that he takes too long everyhand, ive played against will on afew occasions and it is fun to watch , if he just speeded up it would be great, top player though