You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Free Low Stake Turbo DYM Coaching

robtimrobtim Member Posts: 17
edited December 2021 in Strategy

Hi all, as the title says i’m looking to start helping out / coaching 2-3 low stake double or nothing turbo sit and go players. 

To give you a bit of a background, Poker was my only income between September 2015 and November 2016 while i was studying for my masters. During this time i made around £10k including rakeback from playing primarily low stake dym sit and gos, along with the odd tourney and a bit of live poker. Admittedly, I did also get very lucky in a few sky promos. Whilst that may not sound a lot of money to make in a year, as a full time student living at home it was enough, plus it was far more convenient than being tied to a job. 

Since i now work full time i barely play any poker at all. I am planning to get more into live and online mtts, but i certainly wont be grinding out dym’s for a few £ an hour anymore. I do still have an interest in Poker and dym's however, and would also like to give back to players that may be in a similar situation to that i was.

I was by no means the best low stake turbos player, but i did show consistent profit over 37k games (and that rakeback adds up when you consider promos like double pts!). I don't currently have premium sharkscope so correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe my ROI for £1.10, £2.20 and  £3.30 games was between 3% and 6% and my ROI at £5.50 was more like 0.5% - 1%. 

I’d like to start by working with just 2 players, and maybe start working with a 3rd depending how time consuming it is. To be eligible you have to currently be a loosing DYM player or have very little DYM profit. You also have to be someone thats good for the game, i.e if you are someone that i know to be abusive in chat, or someone that I've previously noticed colluding or attempting to collude, I'm not going to help you. Furthermore, if you are in a similar situation to that i was, i.e at school, or university, and therefore someone that would benefit from a bit of poker income, i’d be especially interested in helping you out. If you already have a full time job, you don't need the money!

If you’d like to be considered, please email me on robtimpoker@hotmail.com with your sky poker username, and let me know current situation! 

Cheers, 

Rob. 

Comments

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited February 2017
    Very nice gesture, hope a few people take you up on it.

Here's a few of your stats if you/others want. Nice Stats

• Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Free Low Stake Turbo DYM Coaching:
    Very nice gesture, hope a few people take you up on it. Here's a few of your stats if you/others want. Nice Stats http://tinypic.com/r/fedldh/9
    Posted by Lambert180

Thanks Lambert! I want to keep engaged with poker and i think doing this will help my game… and they’d be stupid not to ;). There are a whole bunch of turbo dym’ers grinding out slightly loosing poker, and i think it’d be fun to see if I can help get them into green!

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited February 2017
    Gl.

I don't think I fit your demographic (apart from the losing at DYMs bit) but I would be interested to see how you and your proteges get on.

If they wish to remain anonymous maybe you could update with general results and areas where you have been able to help them etc.

I see you made priority too, how many tables/hours were you playing low stakes to achieve that?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Gl. I don't think I fit your demographic (apart from the losing at DYMs bit) but I would be interested to see how you and your proteges get on. If they wish to remain anonymous maybe you could update with general results and areas where you have been able to help them etc. I see you made priority too, how many tables/hours were you playing low stakes to achieve that?
    Posted by Phantom66

Hi Phantom, I was also wondering how to go about this, as I’d definitely like to document their progress, but by giving their usernames the guys I used to play could start applying their notes on me to them! Haha, so perhaps ill document them anonymously

My goal was to achieve priority by playing an average of 15-20 hours per week, however during double points or league promos etc, id play a lot more, and then take a week off or so to catch up on uni. Typically 8-12 tables, although I do think my profits were hindered when 12 tabling. I also spent the year battling with a 0.8 mbs internet connection which cost me a few buys ins every week.

• Options
    KadoomKadoom Member Posts: 116
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Free Low Stake Turbo DYM Coaching:
    Hi all, as the title says i’m looking to start helping out / coaching 2-3 low stake double or nothing turbo sit and go players.    To give you a bit of a background, Poker was my only income between September 2015 and November 2016 while i was studying for my masters. During this time i made around £10k including rakeback from playing primarily low stake dym sit and gos, along with the odd tourney and a bit of live poker. Admittedly, I did also get very lucky in a few sky promos. Whilst that may not sound a lot of money to make in a year, as a full time student living at home it was enough, plus it was far more convenient than being tied to a job.    Since i now work full time i barely play any poker at all. I am planning to get more into live and online mtts, but i certainly wont be grinding out dym’s for a few £ an hour anymore. I do still have an interest in Poker and dym's however, and would also like to give back to players that may be in a similar situation to that i was.   I was by no means the best low stake turbos player, but i did show consistent profit over 37k games (and that rakeback adds up when you consider promos like double pts!). I don't currently have premium sharkscope so correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe my ROI for £1.10, £2.20 and  £3.30 games was between 3% and 6% and my ROI at £5.50 was more like 0.5% - 1%.    I’d like to start by working with just 2 players, and maybe start working with a 3rd depending how time consuming it is. To be eligible you have to currently be a loosing DYM player or have very little DYM profit. You also have to be someone thats good for the game, i.e if you are someone that i know to be abusive in chat, or someone that I've previously noticed colluding or attempting to collude, I'm not going to help you. Furthermore, if you are in a similar situation to that i was, i.e at school, or university, and therefore someone that would benefit from a bit of poker income, i’d be especially interested in helping you out. If you already have a full time job, you don't need the money!   If you’d like to be considered, please email me on robtimpoker@hotmail.com with your sky poker username, and let me know current situation!    Cheers,    Rob. 
    Posted by robtim
    pick me,i'm so bad you can't fail

• Options
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Free Low Stake Turbo DYM Coaching : pick me,i'm so bad you can't fail
    Posted by Kadoom

Haha, interesting logic but i do like a challenge! If you genuinely do want a hand feel free to message me!