You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Could 'happy hours' be used to boost quieter areas of the site?

markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
edited March 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
For example the PLO8 DYM traffic has dipped a bit since the new PLO8 BH MTT's were introduced. Would it be worthwhile having 'happy hours' offering double points on PLO8 DYM's to help boost traffic? Might work a treat as people try to earn points for the VLV leagues etc. It also might let some of the newer plo8 players who do not already know, that the DYM's are there to be played.

I understand NLHE is way more popular and therefore there isn't thousands of £'s to throw at OH8 in promotions, maybe the 'happy hours' suggestion would help highlight the games at minimal cost to Sky though?

Could possibly be used to help boost traffic at the PLO8/PLO cash tables too

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Could 'happy hours' be used to boost quieter areas of the site?:
    For example the PLO8 DYM traffic has dipped a bit since the new PLO8 BH MTT's were introduced. Would it be worthwhile having 'happy hours' offering double points on PLO8 DYM's to help boost traffic? Might work a treat as people try to earn points for the VLV leagues etc. It also might let some of the newer plo8 players who do not already know, that the DYM's are there to be played. I understand NLHE is way more popular and therefore there isn't thousands of £'s to throw at OH8 in promotions, maybe the 'happy hours' suggestion would help highlight the games at minimal cost to Sky though? Could possibly be used to help boost traffic at the PLO8/PLO cash tables too .
    Posted by markycash
    There would be hoards of NLHE players complaining that it isn't fair. I'm not saying that I'm in that camp but I would imagine there would be uproar. You've seen first hand how the forum can often turn into a war zone over the most trivial of things.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Could 'happy hours' be used to boost quieter areas of the site?:
    In Response to Could 'happy hours' be used to boost quieter areas of the site? : There would be hoards of NLHE players complaining that it isn't fair. I'm not saying that I'm in that camp but I would imagine there would be uproar. You've seen first hand how the forum can often turn into a war zone over the most trivial of things.
    Posted by waller02
    The thing is though waller that there are so many more all-ins due to split pots in PLO8 cash games and obviously during the allins maximum rake is taken. So even with double points the NLHE cash game players would still be getting raked way less in the long run than the ploppers.

Myself, Whizzewky and UrABawbag tried to get some cash games going the day before yesterday and the rake aspect is really killing it, especially short handed. Anytime there is mention of PLO8 cash games players mention that it is pointless due to the high rake.

In fact even with double points it would without doubt be profitable for Sky. With a double points offer there would be at least 'some traffic' during points races and some traffic is undoubdtedly better than the current levels.

Would also be a pretty bad day if the NLHE crew grudged the ploppers that tiny concession too IMO, almost all, if not all, promos are designed around NLHE.

There hasn't been much response though so I guess there isn't much appetite for it. Not a big deal anyway :)

Thanks for the reply and hope things are going well with you!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Could 'happy hours' be used to boost quieter areas of the site?:
    In Response to Re: Could 'happy hours' be used to boost quieter areas of the site? : The thing is though waller that there are so many more all-ins due to split pots in PLO8 cash games and obviously during the allins maximum rake is taken. So even with double points the NLHE cash game players would still be getting raked way less in the long run than the ploppers. Myself, Whizzewky and UrABawbag tried to get some cash games going the day before yesterday and the rake aspect is really killing it, especially short handed. Anytime there is mention of PLO8 cash games players mention that it is pointless due to the high rake. In fact even with double points it would without doubt be profitable for Sky. With a double points offer there would be at least 'some traffic' during points races and some traffic is undoubdtedly better than the current levels. Would also be a pretty bad day if the NLHE crew grudged the ploppers that tiny concession too IMO, almost all, if not all, promos are designed around NLHE. There hasn't been much response though so I guess there isn't much appetite for it. Not a big deal anyway :) Thanks for the reply and hope things are going well with you!
    Posted by markycash
    100% agree with this and I applaud your efforts to increase the PLO8 player base on Sky. I would be all for your suggestion, the only reason I don't play the format is because I can't, I tried and was baffled. Maybe there just aren't enough PLO8 players on Sky for them to consider a happy hours boost? I dunno, I'm guessing. 

You're right though, it's a shame. You have worked your balls off on the forum to try and promote the game, and I respect that, but only a small minority of the players on Sky are active forum members. 

Hope things are well with you though and gl with your vegas quest mate.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Could 'happy hours' be used to boost quieter areas of the site? : 100% agree with this and I applaud your efforts to increase the PLO8 player base on Sky. I would be all for your suggestion, the only reason I don't play the format is because I can't, I tried and was baffled. Maybe there just aren't enough PLO8 players on Sky for them to consider a happy hours boost? I dunno, I'm guessing.  You're right though, it's a shame. You have worked your balls off on the forum to try and promote the game, and I respect that, but only a small minority of the players on Sky are active forum members.  Hope things are well with you though and gl with your vegas quest mate.
    Posted by waller02
    Cheers Waller, all good here just dragging myself over the finish line with my uni studies then I can hopefully play a bit more :)

Hope things are going well with the diet! I think we are both making roughly the same progress.

Regarding the # of players... Chris posted a few weeks into the new leaderboard games and we had around 400-500 unique players. Not sure what it is now but I would imagine there must be around 1000 now, just for the 2 evening PLO8 BH games.