You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Double Bubble

fi33erfi33er Member Posts: 164
edited March 2017 in The Poker Clinic
Anyone got any advice on how to get to sleep after bubbling the quarter final vegas tourney again please?
I keep running over the hands in my head and it is doing my nut it!

I lost aq vs 74 os with 9 players left in (65% fav),then next hand with 7 players left in I split after shoving with  j10 vs j3 on jj2 flop (64% fav to double up and be safe for the ticket) then next hand on the final table i lost a10 vs k j (60%fav). 

What do you guys do after you lose something that matters to you to help you forget about it? Thanks for your advice ;)

Comments

• Options
    jubbjubb Member Posts: 100
    edited March 2017
    Keep going.
    If your getting it in with equity as high as you explained in the topic then you should be there in no time
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Jubb, i will deffo keep trying, i  know its only poker but it kept me awake for hours! ha ha! i'll try again tonight. good luck to you Jubb
  • Options
    jubbjubb Member Posts: 100
    edited March 2017
    you too lad take it down
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,108
    edited March 2017
    We all go through times when it feels that we have the "reverse Midas" touch. Thought I would share a time when I was going through something similar.

It was 4 or 5 years ago. I was going through 1 of those times when i lost all the key flips. I remember that I had 6 consecutive 4th place finishes from final tables.

I had qualified for the WSOP Main Event via a truly dreadful site, but my confidence was low. I ran quite well, had a particularly soft 1st table (with the exception of a certain Mr Vamplew, but he was on my right), and on Day 3, I was 10 places from the bubble. I was shortstacked, but there were probably 100 plus shorter than me.

I had folded for about 3-4 orbits, and 2 big stacks were playing all the hands. 1 of these had min raised on my Big Blind, and the other flatted. I look at my cards to see-QQ. I have about 8-10 Big Blinds, and insta-shove. 1 folds, the other calls-with Ah5h. Flop comes down x-3h-2h, and I feel doomed. Point of the story is-bad beats don't last for ever. Turn and river were both blanks, and I was lucky enough to stay in for another 2 days. Keep putting in your chips in right, and you should be rewarded.

Hope you make it to Vegas-good luck

Phil
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,022
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Double Bubble:
    We all go through times when it feels that we have the "reverse Midas" touch. Thought I would share a time when I was going through something similar. It was 4 or 5 years ago. I was going through 1 of those times when i lost all the key flips. I remember that I had 6 consecutive 4th place finishes from final tables. I had qualified for the WSOP Main Event via a truly dreadful site, but my confidence was low. I ran quite well, had a particularly soft 1st table (with the exception of a certain Mr Vamplew, but he was on my right), and on Day 3, I was 10 places from the bubble. I was shortstacked, but there were probably 100 plus shorter than me. I had folded for about 3-4 orbits, and 2 big stacks were playing all the hands. 1 of these had min raised on my Big Blind, and the other flatted. I look at my cards to see-QQ. I have about 8-10 Big Blinds, and insta-shove. 1 folds, the other calls-with Ah5h. Flop comes down x-3h-2h, and I feel doomed. Turn and river were both blanks, and I was lucky enough to stay in for another 2 days. Point of the story is- even when I ran bad I still made final tables, qualified for vegas then cashed in the main event. Keep putting in your chips in right, and you should be rewarded. Hope you make it to Vegas-good luck Phil
    Posted by Essexphil
    FYP
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thank you very much Phil.  I have to say that on this site there are a lot of decent players who take time to advise and help players who are learning.  I think that the sky poker community is awesome.  I know that my poker isn't great but it has improved so much thanks to certain players on here.
    Words of wisdom and advice go along way, I hope that i can help others when i am in a position to do so.

I qualified for the vegas semi last night ;) so saturday night I have got to get my game head on!

Thanks again Phil, I'll buy you a beer in Vegas (I hope!)
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,108
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Double Bubble:
    Thank you very much Phil.  I have to say that on this site there are a lot of decent players who take time to advise and help players who are learning.  I think that the sky poker community is awesome.  I know that my poker isn't great but it has improved so much thanks to certain players on here. Words of wisdom and advice go along way, I hope that i can help others when i am in a position to do so. I qualified for the vegas semi last night ;) so saturday night I have got to get my game head on! Thanks again Phil, I'll buy you a beer in Vegas (I hope!)
    Posted by fi33er
    Hope so-for both of us ;). 2nd one on me.
    See you want to get married in Vegas-I had part of my honeymoon there

GLGL