You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

fold call or shove

weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
edited December 2021 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceletticekSmall blind 600.00600.0011740.00weecheez1Big blind 1200.001800.007830.00 Your hole cardsA8   xRaise 3600.005400.005030.00letticekFold    weecheez1All-in 7830.0013230.000.00xAll-in 5030.0018260.000.00weecheez1Unmatched bet 400.0017860.00400.00weecheez1ShowA8   xShowQK   Flop  Q6K   Turn  8   River  2   xWinTwo Pairs, Kings and Queens17860.00 17860.00

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    the above hand was from a vegas sat and trying not to be results oreintated i am not sure a call would of been better  i felt if the gent had a strong hand he would of shoved at this stage (he had shoved a few times prev )thoughts please
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited April 2017
    Never call, we either fold or play it for all our chips. We are too shallow to call and see a flop. Whether we go all in or fold depends on how close we are too the money, our position and how many pay. In a regular tournament this is definitely a hand we want to go with. In a satellite we should look to call off our stack tighter than in a tournament. Having said that unless you were on the bubble or something it looks like a spot we need to run the cards
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: fold call or shove:
    Never call, we either fold or play it for all our chips. We are too shallow to call and see a flop. Whether we go all in or fold depends on how close we are too the money, our position and how many pay. In a regular tournament this is definitely a hand we want to go with. In a satellite we should look to call off our stack tighter than in a tournament. Having said that unless you were on the bubble or something it looks like a spot we need to run the cards
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    three left one seat and £10 for second i just thought if the gent was strong he would shove and looking back i dont think i would of done any differant thanks for your reply feelgroggy
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited April 2017
    I think it's a fold in pretty much any format. 

We have 6bb (and he has 5bb?) and he's 3x opened so we have 0 FE and are pretty much never in good shape. I reckon it's reallllly unlikely he ever 3x's off that stack with A2-A7 or any 8x so we dominate no hands at all, and we are dominated by lots. The times we are ahead it's gonna be 60/40.

We still have FE in future hands if we fold cos all the stacks are really short.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited April 2017
    I think it's a fold in pretty much any format.  We have 6bb (and he has 5bb?) and he's 3x opened so we have 0 FE and are pretty much never in good shape. I reckon it's reallllly unlikely he ever 3x's off that stack with A2-A7 or any 8x so we dominate no hands at all, and we are dominated by lots. The times we are ahead it's gonna be 60/40. We still have FE in future hands if we fold cos all the stacks are really short.
    Posted by Lambert180
    In the bb with an ace vs an effective 7bb jam by the button is a spot where we need to be wagering our chips imo. We would call an open shove so should also GII vs a 3x open. If we're folding hands this good because he 3x's then villain will probably make money 3xing a2c in this spot. If we have a solid read that his 3x off this stack size is super value heavy then maybe we could pass, but otherwise I don't think we can.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: fold call or shove:
    I think it's a fold in pretty much any format.  
    Posted by Lambert180
    This was my initial reaction.

Until I read the man above point out it's an effective button jam of a short stack, and then It becomes the opposite, in a normal tournament it should be an easy get in. 

F*in hate it on here tho as players are probably open folding ir limping A5s on the btn off 6xbb or whatever it is. 

----

As for a sattelite format i'll take an uneducated guess, it has to be a very easy fold doesnt it? id assume? definitely maybe x

• Options
    edited April 2017
    thanks for the replys boys wont be the last mistake i post lol gl gl
  • Options
    raggy94raggy94 Member Posts: 149
    edited April 2017

"As for a sattelite format i'll take an uneducated guess, it has to be a very easy fold doesnt it? id assume? definitely maybe x"

The fact of it being a sattelite is kind of misleading due to the payouts being £0/£10/ticket.