You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Would you call??

jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
edited December 2021 in Strategy
I late regged a fairly big 9-handed Mtt on another site, Still relatively early stages, average stack was 100bbs.
Blinds 150-300 25 i think 

I had only been seated for about 10 hands when i was dealt AKo from mid position, I 725 open from my 30k stack,

It all folds round to the BB who shoves on me (he has me covered), what made it awkward was that the guy who shoved had also 3bet shoved twice before in the 10 previous hands i had witnessed, both times he got folds. 

would you go with AKo so early after seeing an opponent show some erratic play?

is it best to just fold and wait for a better spot and gain more info on everyone?

all opinions welcome 

Comments

• Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    edited February 2017
    3rd shove in just over one orbit i would have to call it off just lately i have been having trouble dealing with aggresive players and not having the confidence to take them on so i would be interested to hear what the good players say
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would you call??:
    3rd shove in just over one orbit i would have to call it off just lately i have been having trouble dealing with aggresive players and not having the confidence to take them on so i would be interested to hear what the good players say
    Posted by weecheez1
    While we are waiting, I am calling here for the exact reason you said...
  • Options
    ohhsryohhsry Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    Snap call

Edit: You block AA and KK, you'll be flipping vs the top of his range if he has woken up with say QQ, JJ etc and capitolising off of his image, but more likely he will have hands you will have dominated like KJs, A5o etc I presume.
  • Options
    fi33erfi33er Member Posts: 164
    edited April 2017
    Well I am a novice but I think I would call most of the time, say 90%.  You will be a 70 30 fav vs his ace queen/jack etc hands, and flipping vs his pairs.  I would see it that you want to double up off him before someone else does.  If he has aces or kings it is just one of those sick ones, getting a big double up at the start sets you up nicely.....
  • Options
    KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited April 2017
    It depends on how good a player you are compared to the field. If it's a high standard tournament and you're only an average/good player but not a great player, getting it in as a flip (at worst) is maybe your best chance of getting a double up and gives you a better chance of running deep in the tournament.

If you feel you have an edge on the majority of the field, you have to fold, you can get your chips in in a much better spot.

For this sort of hand, the cards are irrelevant, it's about your tournament life, you're realistically between 50-75% to win the hand, but you're 100bb's deep, you don't have to take that risk, it is only Ace-high, but back to the first point, if you feel it's a high standard tournament, it could be a good opportunity to pick up a lot of easy chips early on, I'd be getting the chips in there.