You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Dohhhhhh is De Man!

POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi All
After my All In - All Out Post yesterday I am pleased to give you an update.

I took Dohhhhh's advice and got friendly with my All-In Button and his other quote was trust your gut instinct.

Well I am please to say I cashed in the £850.00 Bounty Hunter last night - result below.
POKERTREV4th£61.65 + £41.50 Head Prizes + 32 League Points Total = £103.15
Needless to say I am well chuffed and I would very much like to thank Dohhhhh for his comments and support on my thread and everyone else who posted

Cheers Dohhhhhh.  

Comments

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    WD my friend.I won less than you but i finished 43rd in the 12k b/h last night and won £60.I did only sat in though for £4.80.gl mate dav
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Dohhhhhh is De Man!:
    WD my friend.I won less than you but i finished 43rd in the 12k b/h last night and won £60.I did only sat in though for £4.80.gl mate dav
    Posted by dav1964
    WD Dave - Good Result.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Always very nervous when I log in on a saturday and sunday morning and see my name on the forum! lol

Thankfully yest I had a sore head and was asleep at 10 - sober! - So cudn't be anything bad...surely! Not even I can upset ppl in my dreams. 

Anyway Trev, pleased for you. Its alot easier to say trust ur instincts than it is to actually do, takes some ba lls sometimes. - And sometimes it will go sooooo wrong I've looked stoooopid on a few occasions - but the majority of the time they serve u well. (obviously common sense takes over at certain stages when its best not to get involved)

Nice result fella! - Im not sure of the significance of the link between ur cash and my advice, but i;ll claim it ;) haha

Well done, GL over the weekend, DOHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Dohhhhhh is De Man!:
    Always very nervous when I log in on a saturday and sunday morning and see my name on the forum! lol Thankfully yest I had a sore head and was asleep at 10 - sober! - So cudn't be anything bad...surely! Not even I can upset ppl in my dreams.  Anyway Trev, pleased for you. Its alot easier to say trust ur instincts than it is to actually do, takes some ba lls sometimes. - And sometimes it will go sooooo wrong I've looked stoooopid on a few occasions - but the majority of the time they serve u well. (obviously common sense takes over at certain stages when its best not to get involved) Nice result fella! - Im not sure of the significance of the link between ur cash and my advice, but i;ll claim it ;) haha Well done, GL over the weekend, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi Dohhhh
    Cheers m8, The "significance" of your comments is closer than you think. I had not been too friendly with the all-in button recently because it had let me down too many times in the past and I wasn't following my gut instinct. Last night my mindset was different, if I thought it was the right call to shove then I did and if I thought I was beat then I laid them down.

Ok not all my calls were perfect and I did get beat some of the time, but I generally used this tactic against smaller stacks so it didn't completely kill off my chances of making the cash.

I'm not saying anyone should do this all the time and make it a shovefest thou, but like you say, trust your gut instincts, if it says yes then generally its right, if it says no then hit the fold button.

Anyway cheers again m8.