You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A bit odd..... or is it me?

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Played a site last night that I've never been on before. I won't mention any names but something happened that struck me as a bit strange and I was wondering what opinions people have about it ......... or is it me?

It was a $100 buy-in deepstack mtt. I've been at the same table for about 2 hours and made good progress to just over 19k chips (4k starting chips). There have been a few players knocked out and they have been replaced. There is another guy who has about 25k chips and he's playing good solid poker and has been there from the off. Suddenly he's moved and instantly replaced by a guy with a 25k stack. This strikes me as a bit odd as it's not table balancing, it's not even chip balancing and so I look for the guy who's been moved and he's now also sat at a full table. If this is table balancing it's a strange way to do it I think to myself. 

The new guy (we'll call him chummy) plays fairly straightforward stuff for a couple of rotations, he mostly folds, makes a steal from the bb when in the sb and he even folds on the button a couple of times. Then it comes around and chummy is utg and I'm 4th to act. He bets 5x and it's fold fold. I have TT and re-raise him to 10k. All fold to him and he re-raises me to 15k. I go allin (19k and some change) and he insta-calls. He flips over 62os. The flop gives him 2 pair and I'm out.

I don't think I played this well for starters, I should have called to see the flop and I might have got away from it. It's not a bad beat whinge either. I thought about this afterwards and it was all a bit odd. There's a table switch for no good reason. He's folding like a good'un, not even moving on the button then goes for the throat utg (10 seater table btw) and he won't let his 62os go. 

Oh! btw. I checked back an hour later and he was chip leader with 20 or so left in. 

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010
    Maybe the tables were balanced then simultaniously, 3/4 peoople got knocked out, so they had to re balance str8 after? something like that? - 

Is the table balancing the same as reloading after a cash hand? If Im at a NL50 table and Im down to £30, I reload to the max, during a hand. In this hand I get stacked, so automatically at the start of the next hand I have £20.....

So they'd processed something, then the time it took for them to credit me, things hand changed again...

I dno if this is a possibility? or if the table balancing thing is constantly adapting? - Like it could programme a table change mid hand, and not have time to re-programme in time for the next hand to start on one particular table?

Played a 1,000 runner mtt once and first hand I was sat at a table, on the left of a mate who had also entered it, I was well chuffed, then they moved me after 2 hands :(

DOHH
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited January 2010
    Ive seen some strange table balancing on sky aswell, but it does happen if multiple players get knocked out at the same time. But what is strange is - 62os what is all that about? did he really think after your raise a re-raise would make you fold? not sure whats going on there elsa so off to area 51 me thinks.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A bit odd..... or is it me?:
    Ive seen some strange table balancing on sky aswell, but it does happen if multiple players get knocked out at the same time. But what is strange is -  62os  what is all that about? did he really think after your raise a re-raise would make you fold? not sure whats going on there elsa so off to area 51 me thinks.
    Posted by POKERTREV

Dunno Trev I can't fathom it. This was a $100 buy in not a 2/4c ring game. the standard had been high up to that point.