You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

First Bounty Hunter qualification coming up on Thursday

lennononolennonono Member Posts: 2
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi could you please give me any advice on my first big tournament cheers

Comments

• Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited January 2010
    Win It  ;)lol
  • Options
    LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2010
    In Response to First Bounty Hunter qualification coming up on Thursday:
    Hi could you please give me any advice on my first big tournament cheers
    Posted by lennonono

A Free Poker Strategy for Bounty Poker No Limit Holdem

January 12th, 2010

bounty poker tournaments have been around for a while now and are one of the most exciting no limit holdem games to play. The bounties originate from each player’s buy-in and in many cases as much as half of it will be placed on your head as a bounty if someone takes you out in the game. We’re now also seeing bounty poker on free poker sites where the site play or virtual currency is used instead.

In this game it is even more important to build your chip lead early in the game as playing bounty games differ some what from standard no limit poker in that it is usually played in an even more aggressive, looser fashion due to the bounties placed on everyone’s head.

You can play this game in a couple of different ways. The first one is to play your usual game, keeping your eyes on the final prize with any bounties you might earn being a bonus. There are more risks than usual in doing this because of the bounty hunters calling with very average hands anytime a low stacked player is in the hand and possibly hitting an unexpected hand but if you have built that early chip lead you should still be in a good position even if you do lose with your premium cards.The other way of playing would be to be aggressive when playing and build your chip stack by taking out as many bounties as possible. Playing this way is more risky, but you will still get to the end of the game.I use a combination of them both, building my chip stack early in the game while most of the players left still have a decent stack, then, if during this process I have taken enough bounties to cover my buy-in I become much more aggressive, keeping in mind that i want to make it to my final destination which is to win or at least place in the prize pool.If you are new to playing bounty poker, or have never played before, then its worth having a go online to see if it suits you. Try one of the free poker sites first if you’re not sure and play with no or very little risk before you go for it.