You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

will sky ever bring in anti's

DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
i think it has to come. whats your thoughts on this anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,919
    edited January 2010

It's highly unlikely, as there is no need for them, given the nature of the Structures on Sky Poker.

Antes, aka "Running Antes" or "RA's", are used to spice up & speed up the action towards the middle & end of slow structured Tournaments.

I enjoy them very much, but they ONLY work in certain types of Tourneys, of which there are very few on Sky Poker.

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    i personally dont like antis because it makes it slightly more complicated how many BBs you have left... i guess im just not used to them.
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010
    unless the structures change theres no need/point really

one thing you can never say sky tourneys are is boring or lacking pre flop play
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,919
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: will sky ever bring in anti's:
    unless the structures change theres no need/point really one thing you can never say sky tourneys are is boring or lacking pre flop play
    Posted by barnsie
    Agree 100%, there's just no point, as the Structures are already fast enough. With ante's, they'd be unplayable.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2010
    In Response to will sky ever bring in anti's:
    i think it has to come. whats your thoughts on this anyone?
    Posted by DELTA
    delta whats your thoughts on this?you say it has to come but yet give no reason why, what tournament could you put ante's on sky? answer is none unless maybe a deepstack but then that would be rubbish imo

please put your reasons why you think this has to happen because i am just bewildered here.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    In Response to will sky ever bring in anti's : delta whats your thoughts on this?you say it has to come but yet give no reason why, what tournament could you put ante's on sky? answer is none unless maybe a deepstack but then that would be rubbish imo please put your reasons why you think this has to happen because i am just bewildered here.
    Posted by webby234
     great to see you back webby,

we missed you ,

more posts and threads plzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    I think antes are a good idea in slow structured full ring tourneys but, in six-max, they would speed things up a little too much.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: will sky ever bring in anti's :   great to see you back webby, we missed you , more posts and threads plzzzzzzzz
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    i am not posting as much as i will only end up getting banned lol, rules too strict for my liking
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    dont want them on 6 seater tourneys, however they are ok if the blinds are long, the chip stacks big, and the amount of players high (1000 plus) say
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to will sky ever bring in anti's : delta whats your thoughts on this?you say it has to come but yet give no reason why, what tournament could you put ante's on sky? answer is none unless maybe a deepstack but then that would be rubbish imo please put your reasons why you think this has to happen because i am just bewildered here.
    Posted by webby234
    i was thinking if we could get a 10 seater ring game with 20min blinds and lets say 7.5k or 10k start stack or something on the lines like spt live is played. my point being we need something ove this nature on sky.del
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited January 2010
    My Auntie Sally is available if Sky do go for it.

;-)
  • Options
    SherlockSherlock Member Posts: 109
    edited January 2010
    I'm anti this.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm anti this.
    Posted by Sherlock
    y
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,556
    edited January 2010
    dont want them on 6 seater tourneys, however they are ok if the blinds are long, the chip stacks big, and the amount of players high (1000 plus) say
    Posted by loonytoons
    There will be aprox 1400 runners in the next  leg of the TKO on tues. Would this be a good torney to include them?.................:) :):)
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: will sky ever bring in anti's : There will be aprox 1400 runners in the next  leg of the TKO on tues. Would this be a good torney to include them?.................:) :):)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Sorry na, although it does reach one of my criteria (my big word of the day) the blinds are too steep and with 6 seaters they come round fast enough already!!
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,556
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: will sky ever bring in anti's : Sorry na, although it does reach one of my criteria (my big word of the day) the blinds are too steep and with 6 seaters they come round fast enough already!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Well that just means it will go on and  on and on and on............(for about 1/2 hour anyway!!, lol).
    Looking forward to your word of the day tomorrow....