You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker training sites

rundagamerundagame Member Posts: 4
edited June 2017 in Chat with Channing
I have uesd TPE tournment poker edge for some time now but i have heard that Run it once is much better for more advanced players as i think i am getting better all the time and think i,am ready for the next step up can u help is run it once a better training site??

Comments

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    edited January 2017

I have never used it rundagame but I have only ever heard good things about it and the people involved are really great players.

Generally speaking I would imagine any of the established poker training sites could help 99.9% of players to improved. I used to be a fan of Deuces Cracked myself.
  • Options
    Likta2017Likta2017 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    Mehhh

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    edited June 2017
    Mehhh? You don't agree?

Personally I would say using a training site is the best thing you can possibly do to improve your game.
  • Options
    ALTiltYouALTiltYou Member Posts: 174
    edited June 2017
    Think everything you need to learn and get better is free all around the internet if you really want it you will certainly find it. I think training sites (from what ive read and heard) are mostly over rated and are only endorsed by a big name.
  • Options
    nmongooseznmongoosez Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2017
    Good Vid here with Doug Polk speaking with Fedor Holz - third of the way in gives the lengths he goes to, how much work and focus he put in on every aspect of game...

ALTiltYou - there's plenty of stuff on the interweb but often difficult to cut through the chaff 

Gl all :)
  • Options
    SUPERNOVASUPERNOVA Member Posts: 403
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Poker training sites:
    Think everything you need to learn and get better is free all around the internet if you really want it you will certainly find it. I think training sites (from what ive read and heard) are mostly over rated and are only endorsed by a big name.
    Posted by ALTiltYou

I'm with Neil on this one.

Ok there is free stuff on the net but if you want to improve your game then you need to be able to iron out your leaks and weaknesses which means continually doing deep analyse on your game and preferably with someone better than yourself. You wouldn't be able to do this at the level and volume you'd need to with free stuff imo.

All the good, even great & profitable players especially at the higher levels do this and never stop. The game is changing all the time and therefore so do you.