You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What to do with poker points

I11l0I11l0 Member Posts: 5
edited August 2017 in The Poker Clinic
Hi there,
Been playing on here for the last few months, I now have loads of poker points. Can I only use them to buy into the lousy freeroll? (£20 gtd.) Or can I use them for anything else? Would be great if you could use them to buy tournament tickets like other sites, or satalites. ? Or am I going to need to enter 100 freerolls to use them?

Comments

• Options
    kidwiz10kidwiz10 Member Posts: 569
    edited January 2017
    Must get this question every other week on Sky don't understand why they just don't remove them.

Your points are worth nothing other than to enter the freerolls if u earn say 500 points you receive £5 from sky for them but the points just stay in your account so you've been paid for the points.

Sky ain't going to let you buy into other tournaments with those points as they would basically be paying you twice for those points.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What to do with poker points:
    Must get this question every other week on Sky don't understand why they just don't remove them. Your points are worth nothing other than to enter the freerolls if u earn say 500 points you receive £5 from sky for them but the points just stay in your account so you've been paid for the points. Sky ain't going to let you buy into other tournaments with those points as they would basically be paying you twice for those points.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Dont forget prio, Kid.If he fancies that.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What to do with poker points : Dont forget prio, Kid.If he fancies that.
    Posted by chilling
    ?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What to do with poker points : ?
    Posted by Jac35
    If he can accumulate 10k points in a month. Whats the?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: What to do with poker points : If he can accumulate 10k points in a month. Whats the ?
    Posted by chilling
    The ? Is because if he does that he will then have his reward. There is nothing you can actually do with the points as has already been explained
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Indeed, Kid never informed him about prio and points.Depends what OP means by " loads ".
  • Options
    PkDevilPkDevil Member Posts: 147
    edited February 2017
    In Response to What to do with poker points:
    Hi there, Been playing on here for the last few months, I now have loads of poker points. Can I only use them to buy into the lousy freeroll? (£20 gtd.) Or can I use them for anything else? Would be great if you could use them to buy tournament tickets like other sites, or satalites. ? Or am I going to need to enter 100 freerolls to use them?
    Posted by I11l0
    Personally, I don't see the issue with having points. Use them. It's that simple. You say lousy free-rolls but there are a lot of free-rolls. Get enough to enter the weekly nightly free-roll and then get some more to get at least the tournament token each week, then use that how you want. And if you do get the chance then play the other free-rolls during the day along with whatever else you are doing.

Maximise the points usage. You are missing out if you don't.
  • Options
    I11l0I11l0 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2017
    In Response to What to do with poker points : Personally, I don't see the issue with having points. Use them. It's that simple. You say lousy free-rolls but there are a lot of free-rolls. Get enough to enter the weekly nightly free-roll and then get some more to get at least the tournament token each week, then use that how you want. And if you do get the chance then play the other free-rolls during the day along with whatever else you are doing. Maximise the points usage. You are missing out if you don't.
    Posted by PkDevil
    I didn't realise that there is a nightly freeroll what is the gtd.?, I play mostly during the day. But will try to check it out, thanks. And yeah I said lousy as even though the return for the winner is good for the amount of points invested, the time between them and speed of play makes them not good to play, for me at least. 
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: What to do with poker points : I didn't realise that there is a nightly freeroll what is the gtd.?, I play mostly during the day. But will try to check it out, thanks. And yeah I said lousy as even though the return for the winner is good for the amount of points invested, the time between them and speed of play makes them not good to play, for me at least. 
    Posted by I11l0
    The Rewards Freeroll has run every single weekday night since the Rewards Scheme was revamped 2 or 3 years ago.

It awards a MINIMUM of £1,000 in cash prizes EVERY WEEKDAY NIGHT, so that's £5,000 per week (= to £260,000 per year) for several years now.

Most weeks it awards ADDITIONAL prizes, too. This week, for example, it is awarding an ADDITIONAL £680 per night in Viva Las Vegas satellite entries.

So the Rewards Freeroll value this week = 5 x £1,680 = £8,400.

Players only need to earn 50 poker points in the previous calendar week to be eligible. I'd say that was a pretty good deal.

And it is those Freerolls that are the answer to the thread title - "what to do with poker points".

Might be worth you having a look at the Rewards Scheme, which can be viewed HERE

• Options
    fi33erfi33er Member Posts: 164
    edited May 2017
    heres the deal mate.  Sky pay you for the points youy get which is a great free pro mo.  If you manage to get 10,000 points in a month you qualify for the priority club.

Priorty club pays you an extra £100 for reaching 10k points. Every extra point you earn is paid extra money as well.  On top of that you get other benefits.  2 free tournies each month which are just for prio. (decent money in them) plus other befits.  Just look under priority tab to find all the benefits.

Hope that helps.  Skys loyalty points is a great bonus, I hope you also opt in to their tablet giveaway and the mayhem tourney each night plus there are vegas seats up for grabs for free in the mayhem and free roll tournies as well.

gl
  • Options
    Millwall53Millwall53 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2017
    Fi33er at last someone who can explain in English I salute you bravo.  
  • Options
    fi33erfi33er Member Posts: 164
    edited May 2017
    thanks ;)
  • Options
    swanstuswanstu Member Posts: 261
    edited August 2017
    In Response to What to do with poker points : Personally, I don't see the issue with having points. Use them. It's that simple. You say lousy free-rolls but there are a lot of free-rolls. Get enough to enter the weekly nightly free-roll and then get some more to get at least the tournament token each week, then use that how you want. And if you do get the chance then play the other free-rolls during the day along with whatever else you are doing. Maximise the points usage. You are missing out if you don't.
    Posted by PkDevil

Wish  they would put the rewards freerolls at a more convenient times (or vary the times at least) - if you've got a family/kids etc then playing a lengthy freeroll at nights at 7.30pm is anti-social timing for sure. Some during the day for example would be good at least for choice.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: What to do with poker points : Wish  they would put the rewards freerolls at a more convenient times (or vary the times at least) - if you've got a family/kids etc then playing a lengthy freeroll at nights at 7.30pm is anti-social timing for sure. Some during the day for example would be good at least for choice.
    Posted by swanstu

You can never please everyone but 7.30 is peak time on the site so will be suitable for the majority. There are smaller freerolls throughout the day I believe so everyone has some chance to get some free money. 
  • Options
    swanstuswanstu Member Posts: 261
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: What to do with poker points : You can never please everyone but 7.30 is peak time on the site so will be suitable for the majority. There are smaller freerolls throughout the day I believe so everyone has some chance to get some free money. 
    Posted by MattBates

A lot smaller for possible returns though sadly. :(

Even a little variety in time would be good though for the bigger freerolls, not blanket at that time - you surely get the point about people with kids/families - I barely play any of these good rewards games because of them conflicting with family life at those times during the week.

• Options
    jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited August 2017
    Yeah unfortunately for myself as well 7:30 is just not a workable time for me with the family and so totally lose out on this reward. I normally make around 300-400 points a month so the £2.30 has also seen my points reward reduced as well.

Appreciate that 7:30 is a very logical time for the site and many people but for those who cant make that time for whatever reason routinely they completely miss out on the reward.