You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Neteller is the Nuts.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,919
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

I expect the Mods will move this into  "Announcements" soon, but before they do, I gather you can now use Neteller for Sky Poker.

For those not aware, Neteller is like an Online Wallet, & most Online Players speak highly of it's ease of use. You can also swap money around very easily with Neteller, from site to site if you wish.

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    About time ............. nice one.
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Neteller is the Nuts.:
    I expect the Mods will move this into the obscure dungeons of "Announcements" soon, but before they do, I gather you can now use Neteller for Sky Poker. For those not aware, Neteller is like an Online Wallet, & most Online Players speak highly of it's ease of use. You can also swap money around very easily with Neteller, from site to site if you wish.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Nice one thanks for this announcement Tikay.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

Still have no idea what this means, if I have money on here now, without having a nutella account, can I create a nuttella account, then use it, even tho I already have pennies on here?

Sorry IT muppet, and recently, muppet in general

DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nuttella  MMmmmmm choccy dippy stuff ........ dentist's delight.

It's like Paypal. You can deposit in and transfer out via a debit/credit card or transfer winnings from a site. You can switch money between sites with ease and in most cases immediately. From certain sites (I won't mention which but we both played there last week) withdrawals are much quicker and simpler. I recommend.

Neteller is for poker
    Nutella is more for spread betting.
  • Options
    hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Neteller is the Nuts.:
    I expect the Mods will move this into the obscure dungeons of "Announcements" soon, but before they do, I gather you can now use Neteller for Sky Poker. For those not aware, Neteller is like an Online Wallet, & most Online Players speak highly of it's ease of use. You can also swap money around very easily with Neteller, from site to site if you wish.
    Posted by Tikay10
    JUst be aware of charges......

Funding your NETeller account is a trade-off between speed and cost. If you need instant gratification, you have two choices. First, you can use a credit card. NETeller charges a 3.9% fee on top of whatever cash advance fee and interest your credit card charges you. Second, you can use an “Instacash” transfer from your bank account, which is NETeller's way of extending you credit until the transfer from your bank is completed. The fee for this is a hefty 8.9%! In both cases, NETeller will contact you on the phone to verify your identity and reduce fraud.

To avoid these fees, you need to plan ahead. NETeller lets you “certify” your bank account by providing them with the account numbers needed to perform a transfer. A few days later, they make two small deposits into your account at their expense. You tell them the amount of the deposits and thereby verify your identity. Once your bank account is certified, you can use the NETeller web site to order a transfer between your bank and your NETeller account. This is called an EFT, has no transaction fee and takes 4-5 business days. You can also transfer money in the other direction, also for free.

Transfers between NETeller and the poker site are currently free at all the top sites. Although NETeller charges the poker site a transaction fee for transfers in either direction, the poker site pays the fee for you

• Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Neteller is the Nuts.:
    In Response to Neteller is the Nuts. : JUst be aware of charges...... Funding your NETeller account is a trade-off between speed and cost. If you need instant gratification, you have two choices. First, you can use a credit card. NETeller charges a 3.9% fee on top of whatever cash advance fee and interest your credit card charges you. Second, you can use an “Instacash” transfer from your bank account, which is NETeller's way of extending you credit until the transfer from your bank is completed. The fee for this is a hefty 8.9%! In both cases, NETeller will contact you on the phone to verify your identity and reduce fraud. To avoid these fees, you need to plan ahead. NETeller lets you “certify” your bank account by providing them with the account numbers needed to perform a transfer. A few days later, they make two small deposits into your account at their expense. You tell them the amount of the deposits and thereby verify your identity. Once your bank account is certified, you can use the NETeller web site to order a transfer between your bank and your NETeller account. This is called an EFT, has no transaction fee and takes 4-5 business days. You can also transfer money in the other direction, also for free. Transfers between NETeller and the poker site are currently free at all the top sites. Although NETeller charges the poker site a transaction fee for transfers in either direction, the poker site pays the fee for you
    Posted by hogan2089
    Spot on. I'd forgotten about the 1p deposit thingy. It was years ago when I joined. You're right it is expensive if you are withdrawing often. But some sites are notoriously bad for withdrawals and some are brill. You can swap funds between them and withdraw from a preferred site.
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited February 2010
    excellent news

very efficient company to deal with

well done sky
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    Nuttella  MMmmmmm choccy dippy stuff ........ dentist's delight

This!!!

Another great feature for Sky :) Now if only I could suck out on someone so I could test the withdrawal process!
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited February 2010
    i have used them before on yank sites  u withdraw money there take a % of it plus it took me ten days to get my money
  • Options
    AlkydaleAlkydale Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    I used it for my other site but beware, when withdrawing funds they charge you £5.00 for the pleasure.
  • Options
    CardGeniusCardGenius Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2010
    if you get the net+ card free, its free to use at point of sale and £3 at the cash machine!

Net+ Prepaid MasterCard Fees Summary

CurrencyPoint of Sale (POS)ATM charge per withdrawalForeign Exchange (at ATM or POS)Card/PIN Replacement & Cancellation  EUR  Free  €4  2.95%  €15  GBP  Free  £3  2.95%  £10
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Is this the wrong time, and place, to say that associating with Moneybookers would be a alot better and cheaper as an online wallet for poker players? :P
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    Moneybookers would be a alot better and cheaper as an online wallet for poker players? :P
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Moneybookers is coming (mid March)

Pay pal after that (May...ish)

cheers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Neteller is the Nuts. : Moneybookers is coming (mid March) Pay pal after that (May...ish) cheers.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks Rich, much appreciated