You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

best race course and footy ground

FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
edited September 2017 in Chat with Channing
hiya neil heres 1 for yer my fave raceourse york an footy old trafford obv lol

Comments

• Options
    TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    edited September 2017
    fav racecourse is hamilton park [low grade racing]but a great night out

fav footie stadium ibrox park ,home of the famous glasgow rangers.
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    edited September 2017

Weirdly, I've never been to York or indeed any of the Scottish courses although I must be on over 30 courses visited. I was brought up close to Ascot racecourse so that has a place in my heart but there are lots I like. Sandown Park is such a beautiful sight as, of course are Goodwood and Cheltenham. I quite like the intimate and compact feel of Chester and the July course but I think sometimes my favourites are the smaller places. I was a bookmaker at Ludlow for a while, it took ages to get to and we always lost but it is lovely. I do love Wincanton although it's usually really windy and cold, while Plumpton is always cold and wet but a fun day close enough to London to just go and skive off.

I think maybe Fontwell.

As for football stadiums I was a big Reading fan as a kid and I went to the old Elm Park over 100 times. I had two teams though, (I know it's not in the rules), and a trip to Highbury was always a big treat. When I was 6/7/8/9/10/11/12 and went with my dad it would be to the Clock End and I remember being very proud that I made the move to the North Bank in my teens.

Good question. Thanks.
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited September 2017
    now as you know chester is my local course and i used to love the may meeting till they moved it to wednesday and they do there own tote not a good idea bangor on dee very nice but owned by the people who own chester haydock lovely and newmarket outstanding