You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker UK Final Thanks

djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
edited June 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
Hi,can i just say a big thank you to all the staff at dusk til dawn and all the sky presenters and support staff,this has without doubt been one of the most enjoyable weekends of my poker life so far.The venue was magnificent,i have never seen anything like it,the whole atmosphere was electric,and sadly after my departure in 80th place with ak v q9 flop K46 Turn J river Q i still hope to return one day...Thank you SKY for this opportunity and i hope that in the future we will be able to take another tournement to this venue....Words cant describe how amazed i was, at the faces and people we met....It has provided me with an insight into the live game,and made some good friends....Adam and co,thanks ,Tikay,Richard,Michelle,Norman,thank you.....

Comments

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2009
    Yeah great day.  Lots of sng fun cos the main event went badly!! I'll second those thanks to all the Sky staff and looking forward to the next tour - although a tour for purely sky poker players would be better in my opinion.

In Response to Sky Poker UK Final Thanks:
    Hi,can i just say a big thank you to all the staff at dusk til dawn and all the sky presenters and support staff,this has without doubt been one of the most enjoyable weekends of my poker life so far.The venue was magnificent,i have never seen anything like it,the whole atmosphere was electric,and sadly after my departure in 80th place with ak v q9 flop K46 Turn J river Q i still hope to return one day...Thank you SKY for this opportunity and i hope that in the future we will be able to take another tournement to this venue....Words cant describe how amazed i was, at the faces and people we met....It has provided me with an insight into the live game,and made some good friends....Adam and co,thanks ,Tikay,Richard,Michelle,Norman,thank you.....
    Posted by djblacke04
  • Options
    platerplater Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    go along with all that finished 43rd but enjoyed weekend i agree it should only be sky players no outside buy ins keep it to sky players.
                                 plater
  • Options
    djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Sky Poker UK Final Thanks:
    Posted by djblacke04
    sorry typo was Q6 went out on.....
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited June 2009
    Hi All,
    I,ve just got back home after a second very long day.
    Firstly, many thanks to Sky Poker and DTD for an excellent tournament. great structure, much merriment.
    Secondly, on a personal note my thanks go to all the crew,(Aaron, Tony, Sarah, Jill, Claire and i suppose Des as well,although after his last blog entry for me i don't know lol), for the support you gave me throughout my time in the tourny. Even though i was down there on my own it was lovely to feel that i had a lot of genuine support behind me. These people are the unsung stars of the show and work very hard, and looked completely knackered at the finish, especially Tony(although to be fair he looks knackered all the time lol). Des you should be proud of these people.
    I am sad that the tour has finished, because the banter and freindships that have been built up through the tour have made it a pleasure to get in the car and drive hundreds of miles to see many a friendly face and share a (few) beer with them all.
    Can't wait for the next sky event.

col
  • Options
    mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited June 2009
    hi all i must say was a wicked event and cant wait untill the next 1
  • Options
    fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2009
    Great couple of days at the DTD guys,really enjoyed meeting the players,presenters,and backroom peeps.
    congrats to all who made the money.Travelled back down to DTD from HULL on sunday morn only to bust out
    40mins later,lol......But was worth it as me and the wife met some great people,Hope to see some of you again soon.
    thanks SKY.
    be lucky all.

Shaun.
  • Options
    jag-madjag-mad Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    I know I only came 3rd but.Any hoo now i've finally come down off the ceiling. (I think) I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who
    helped in any way.
    First all the many people who came up to me at dtd to congratulate me and to say how well they thought i played
    (I don't know all your names but I was overwhelmed by your comments thankyou very much all of you)
    To all the sky staff, Compo,T kay and Des eeh all, what a great bunch of guys.
    Des for all your encouragement.
    T kay for keeping us laughing with your "French dealer lady table" comments.
    All the DTD staff for their professionalism as always this place really is the Ds Bs.
    All the dealers especially martyn who always seems to deal good for me"thanks for keeping me in when I called
    Kh Qh with my A A and you put an ace on the flop, a heart flush for them on the turn and paired the board for
    me on the river for a full house,cheers mate"
    It was a pleasure to be sat next to norman pace on table 21 when I had my run of hands quad 9 qqs and trip 9.
    And many congratulations to the eventual winner Robbie O'Brien very well done.
    Such a solid player,you deserve every success and I enjoyed every minute at the table with you.A veritable
    gentelman at such a young age, your parents should be proud of you.(being a grandad myself I should know)
    But most of all my thanks go to Lynne my long suffering wife(who also came 3rd in the last event on sunday night
    well done).If I am a rock(peter) then she is my mountain and without her i am nothing.
    (But don't tell her I said that)
    Thanks Lynne for everything X 
  • Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited June 2009
    I play several forum and poker site tournaments and without doubt, the Sky events are always the most enjoyable.
    No matter what your personal result, it is always nice to renew past friendships and meet other new Sky players.
    Well done Sky and I look forward to your next event.