You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Should I be folding this AQs pre?

craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
edited December 2021 in Strategy
This player has been consistantly limping preflop, I normally will do 3bet AI with this AQs but it's strength here was nowhere near as good, when on the button all he did was limp, if it were SB v BB all he did was complete the blind. 

loolololloSmall blind 2500.002500.00183518.00
julesnoottBig blind 5000.007500.0020013.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

raymon1969Fold    
arthur1965Raise 17500.0025000.00146650.50
GFKIJKLLFold    
craigcu12Call 17500.0042500.0063180.00
loolololloFold    
julesnoottFold    
Flop

arthur1965Bet 42500.0085000.00104150.50
craigcu12

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2017
    If the BB calls I would get 3/1 odds and if the flush, strate or trips come I can expect a double up but I'm thinking is this a loss in the long run and should I just fold it pre?
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    edited September 2017
    12.5bb is too shallow to flat a 3.5x open. I'd be shoving this unless it's final table or bubble or other icm spot because the guy in BB appears to have 4bb?
  • Options
    rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,928
    edited September 2017
    All in for me, what are you waiting for?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    an AI preflop was ruled out the moment he raised, this player had been limping a large majority of the time, I didn't know exactly what his hands were because the rest of us were folding at his blocker bets, so I had high confidience his hand was something strong.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: Should I be folding this AQs pre?:
    an AI preflop was ruled out the moment he raised, this player had been limping a large majority of the time, I didn't know exactly what his hands were because the rest of us were folding at his blocker bets, so I had high confidience his hand was something strong.
    Posted by craigcu12
    So fold then, you are in a set mine type spot then based on your read. 
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited September 2017
    You're more than liking searching for a reason not to lose any chips and you've come up with 'he usually limps'. There's a chance you're right but even if the guy hadn't played a single hand the whole time he was at the table you have to gii here with AQs. Might even fist pump!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You're more than liking searching for a reason not to lose any chips and you've come up with 'he usually limps'. There's a chance you're right but even if the guy hadn't played a single hand the whole time he was at the table you have to gii here with AQs. Might even fist pump!
    Posted by kapowblamz
    I'm not complaining about losing chips at all I actually got to the final table of this very tournament. When I saw this hand dealt all in was the first thing that came to my mind. If he was the every day limper then I was going all in for sure, but this player was anything but, his sharkscope itself was excellent, I thing he knew the bubble was near and the rest of us were folding alot. He was always stealing blinds through a blocker bet post flop because the majority of us would ch the blind and Ch/F flop so the likes of mid pairs and weak aces are gonna be limped.

What I wondered most about this is whether or not I made a bad call pre
  • Options
    raggy94raggy94 Member Posts: 149
    edited September 2017
    If the BB calls I would get 3/1 odds and if the flush, strate or trips come I can expect a double up but I'm thinking is this a loss in the long run and should I just fold it pre?
    Posted by craigcu12
    I think it's your reason for making the call that seems like you are trying to cover your indecision over whether to shove or fold preflop.

If you think your hand performs well versus his range then shove, if not fold. 

If you think calling is a better option you need to justify it with a better reason than you've given.

• Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,811
    edited September 2017
    The strength of your hand is in seeing all 5 cards. Normally an easy 3 bet all in BUT as you say he has deviated from his normal play and not knowing his usual raise size I have to go off experience and say I think he has a PP a high % of the time so if you feel like a race then jam or you feel you can pick up chips better another way then fold. 

I say experience as for me when a player who normally limps or 2/3x's suddently pot raises or goes 4/5/6x then they have a PP like 99-QQ as they hate playing flops with overcards on.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited September 2017
    Calling is easily the worst option. Either we have enough equity vs his pot open range, or we don't, and we fold/ jam accordingly. The only hand I would accept as a reasonable flat here is AA exactly.