You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Please Add a time bank

pacman777pacman777 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
Please can we get a time bank on the site.

Unless your 1 tabling it is really hard to make a decent decision with the allotted time.

Comments

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    edited September 2017
    100% agree with this.

For me the lack of a timebank, especially given the already short amount of 'standard' time given for decisions when compared to most other sites, is the biggest negative of playing at Sky.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: Please Add a time bank:
    100% agree with this. For me the lack of a timebank, especially given the already short amount of 'standard' time given for decisions when compared to most other sites, is the biggest negative of playing at Sky.
    Posted by Duesenberg
    This is something I totally agree with myself. Their are times when we hold what looks like a great hand which was clearly a bad hand under review. The trouble with decision making during play is you've got 20 seconds to think what a players overall hand range will be, what hands he might put you on and what the odds are if you were too call.

I don't call for having an unlimited amount of time banks,  why not allow players a minute or two worth of time for usage as a time bank through the who day. I understand it being abused in MTTs and STT a good way around that could be to enable time banks only during the early stages of the tournament when the majority of chipstacks will be 50-100bb deep.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,097
    edited September 2017

Morning guys.

Just wanted to reply in case you think this has been ignored.

Firstly, whilst many of you would like a Time Bank, that's by no means a majority view - many players, especially the great bulk of single tablers - are fiercely resistant to time banks. A single tabler is resentful when some guy who is 6 tabling is using up his time, whilst the single tabler sits there tapping his fingers impatiently. Not saying that is right or wrong, nor am I taking a view, but it's not a one-sided argument, & everyone has a dog in this fight.

So a decision will be made at some point, & it may or may not mean a Time Bank is added.

However, the main point of this reply is that, if you have been following the news on the Forum, is that Sky Poker are currently looking at a new software solution for the site as a whole - a much, much improved piece of kit which will be really impressive when launched. However, gestation for these things is pretty long - bit like an elephant, really - so it won't be in the next few months, for sure.

Until the new software comes along, I'd be quite surprised if Sky Poker make any major changes to the existing software.

Keep the feedback coming though, as the new Software will be a lot easier to modify, & so Sky Poker will be able to add bells & whistles a lot more easily than they can at present.     

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the reply Tikay.

Adobe air isn't the greatest or most stable platform to run a poker client from and a whole new software solution should (hopefully!) be very good news indeed.

I appreciate that multi-tabling regs taking an age over every decision could well be a source of frustration to single tabling recreational players and most regs are just as keen as Sky to make sure those players don't feel alienated. I think my other main site that I play on has a really good approach to timebanks. You start with a 30 second timebank which if used will only replenish slowly over the course of many subsequent hands. This prevents gameflow from being slowed excessively but still provides the extra time needed for those occasional spots when you really do have a tough decision - and even single tablers will find themselves in those spots at times.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for something similar when the new software gets rolled out :-)
  • Options
    weedgiweedgi Member Posts: 103
    edited September 2017
    above timebank idea sounds spot on       the hand history need sorted as well  pretty sure sky have worst hand history feature in the whole history of online poker????

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,396
    edited September 2017
    above timebank idea sounds spot on       the hand history need sorted as well  pretty sure sky have worst hand history feature in the whole history of online poker????
    Posted by weedgi

I think the Hand histories are a bit awkaward to deter huds and tracking software, like  a security feature. 
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,097
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: Please Add a time bank : I think the Hand histories are a bit awkaward to deter huds and tracking software, like  a security feature. 
    Posted by mumsie
    Ha, that's an interesting theory, though I'm not sure I could get away with using that as an excuse. ;)

Same story as the Time Bank really - I try to be truthful with the players, & the fact is, we have to live with that version of Hand Histories in the short-term, as its a major piece of work to change it, & we have new Software being put together now, so it wont change until the new software comes along. It'll change then though, of yes.......
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    edited September 2017
    Adding time banks would make all mtt structures instantly worse as you get fewer hands per hour. Playing on a site where you don't have to faff around with people bubble stalling, and/or you have to play at least 8 tables because the action on each table is so slow is quite refreshing really.