You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

what not to complain about!!!!!

benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77
edited October 2017 in Poker Chat
the amount of times a flush hits the flop
tag team players on dym games dumping chips to keep each other in the game
to many times someone calls with rubbish but hit runner runner
people who call ins of over 2000 with lowest off suit cards possible but just happen straights or full houses

so many weird things happening on this site over last few months

and i dont want any div replies to say stop moaning etc, as those people are always the the ones with large bankrolls or are always on form in their own minds

and i do quite well for my level and not at a loss in any way shape or form

just a rant through observation as of recent

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    edited October 2017
    In Response to what not to complain about!!!!!:
    the amount of times a flush hits the flop tag team players on dym games dumping chips to keep each other in the game to many times someone calls with rubbish but hit runner runner people who call ins of over 2000 with lowest off suit cards possible but just happen straights or full houses so many weird things happening on this site over last few months and i dont want any div replies to say stop moaning etc, as those people are always the the ones with large bankrolls or are always on form in their own minds and i do quite well for my level and not at a loss in any way shape or form just a rant through observation as of recent
    Posted by benhur7200

Its , Too many.

If you're ever unsure, take a look here.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    edited October 2017
    In Response to Re: what not to complain about!!!!!:
    In Response to what not to complain about!!!!! : Its , Too many. If you're ever unsure, take a look here. https://goo.gl/pmBfSC
    Posted by mumsie
    Mumsie, in a post with no capital letters or punctuation, that's the worst you could find? Shame on you!
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited October 2017
    the amount of times a flush hits the flop tag team players on dym games dumping chips to keep each other in the game to many times someone calls with rubbish but hit runner runner people who call ins of over 2000 with lowest off suit cards possible but just happen straights or full houses so many weird things happening on this site over last few months and i dont want any div replies to say stop moaning etc, as those people are always the the ones with large bankrolls or are always on form in their own minds and i do quite well for my level and not at a loss in any way shape or form just a rant through observation as of recent
    Posted by benhur7200

Don't start a 'div' thread and you'll get no 'div' replies
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited October 2017
    In Response to what not to complain about!!!!! : Its , Too many. If you're ever unsure, take a look here. https://goo.gl/pmBfSC
    Posted by mumsie
    Thank you mumsie the page I was taken to helped me :):)
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    edited October 2017
    Posted by benhur7200
    Bad beats are all part of the game. We all remember the bad beats and forget the suckouts.
    If you cannot cope with bad beats, you should play something else-have you considered chariot racing?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    IIn Response to Re: what not to complain about!!!!!:
    In Response to Re: what not to complain about!!!!! : Thank you mumsie the page I was taken to helped me :):)
    Posted by paige55
    I HOPE YOUR POST WILL BE PLACED ON THE NEW FORUM :):):)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    IIn Response to Re: what not to complain about!!!!! : I HOPE YOUR POST WILL BE PLACED ON THE NEW FORUM :):):)
    Posted by paige55
    Tikay Is there anyway that mumsie,s post can be placed on the new forum
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited October 2017
    In Response to Re: what not to complain about!!!!! : Tikay Is there anyway that mumsie,s post can be placed on the new forum
    Posted by paige55
    Hi Trish,

All posts & threads on the current Forum will - if nothing goes wrong - re-appear on the new Forum.
  • Options
    CATCH-22CATCH-22 Member Posts: 270
    edited October 2017
    and i dont want any div replies to say stop moaning etc, as those people are always the the ones with large bankrolls or are always on form in their own minds

First: 8/5/2014
    Last: 22/10/2017

stop moaning  (not ashamed to admit small bankroll)

tho it does get bigger on ocassions
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    edited October 2017
    I can't believe the five exclamation marks have gone unnoticed.

You know who you are.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    edited October 2017
    I'm pretty experienced in the online poker world and have played several million hands on multiple different sites/networks over the years. Since making my first deposit on Sky earlier this year I have experienced more bad beats and suckouts than I ever did elsewhere - and I genuinely couldn't be happier about this! 

The reason for this is simple. When I'm sticking all my chips in the middle I am dearly hoping to be called by a worse hand than mine. On Sky, the frequency with which I get looked up with by a worse hand is much greater than I find elsewhere. Because I'm getting called more frequently on the whole, I am therefore getting in a greater total number of situations where I have a hand which is a 70%+ favourite to win. As a result of this, I will naturally experience a larger total number of bad beats. It's just the nature of the beast that the bad beats stay longer in the memory than all those time you got it in good and held.

All these bad beats are the reason I find Sky such a good site to play on. It's the time when I'm no longer experiencing them that I shall start to worry! 
  • Options
    benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2017
    cheers and thanks for the replies. i wanted to do a quick experiment as to see what type of responses this post would receive.
    I was interested in your thoughts

regards

benhur7200
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    edited October 2017
    I'm pretty experienced in the online poker world and have played several million hands on multiple different sites/networks over the years. Since making my first deposit on Sky earlier this year I have experienced more bad beats and suckouts than I ever did elsewhere - and I genuinely couldn't be happier about this!  The reason for this is simple. When I'm sticking all my chips in the middle I am dearly hoping to be called by a worse hand than mine. On Sky, the frequency with which I get looked up with by a worse hand is much greater than I find elsewhere. Because I'm getting called more frequently on the whole, I am therefore getting in a greater total number of situations where I have a hand which is a 70%+ favourite to win. As a result of this, I will naturally experience a larger total number of bad beats. It's just the nature of the beast that the bad beats stay longer in the memory than all those time you got it in good and held. All these bad beats are the reason I find Sky such a good site to play on. It's the time when I'm no longer experiencing them that I shall start to worry! 
    Posted by Duesenberg

+1

Destroyed all the Sky haters with one logical, well thought out, concise and accurate post. Well said sir, well said.
  • Options
    bongo69bongo69 Member Posts: 198
    mumsie said:

Its , Too many.

If we're going for pedantry, it's worth noting that it's "it's" not "its"