You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bilic blowing bubbles

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,474

Anyone watch Spurs v West Ham last night.

Spurs, predictably, cruised into a 2-0 lead before half time & it looked like GG West Ham & GG Bilic's job.

Second half was a different game, West ham scoring 3 times at 10 minute intervals & then they parked the bus & held on grimly.

Extraordinary result - how DO these things happen?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,474
    Anyone think Bilic will survive the season at West Ham?

If he is gonna get the tin tack, will it be before or after Christmas?
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    That result will buy him some more time, unless they lose to Palace this weekend.

That comeback last night cost me (& I'm sure many others!) as it was the only losing part of the sky treble boost! :'(
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    Saw an interview with David Sullivan and it sounds like he will see the season out and won't get his contract renewed.

Of far more importance ☺ is how will Puyel do at Leicester?! I think we could have had worse appointment but I haven't seen glowing references from Southampton fans.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    I think Bilic will keep his job for a while, but , the owners have him on a tight leash.
    I would not be surprised if they pull the trigger, if, results in the league do not improve, or other teams around them start winning.
    West Ham look very one paced and lacking in team unity, too old across the team?
    also they have a goalkeeper whose wrists are sponsored by Lurpak. They seem to have gone backwards defensively since paying way too much money for Fonte.
    As for the appointment at Leicester, I found that very puzzling indeed. He did quite well at S*********n , sorry I am unable to type that word, as the profanity is just too distasteful, then seemed to lose the dressing room after defeat in the League Cup final against Manchester United.
    Would watch that one with interest as the owners do not seem afraid to fire their managers if things start to go wrong.