You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Another one bites the dust.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

Use this thread to report, or comment, on those from the world of show business, sport, or celebrities generally, who have recently passed away.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810
    edited October 2017
    Fats Domino

Fats Domino - real name Antoine Dominique Domino Jr - passed away on Monday. Not sure Antoine Dominique Domino had quite the same ring to it. Later, his name was mimicked by Chubby Checker.

Fats was 89, so he had a decent innings.

He was often referred to as The Godfather of Rock N Roll. Not sure if that is true, or fair, but he was certainly a very big name back in the mid fifties. I was not into music then, I was still playing with my Meccano set.

RIP Big Man.

Here's the man in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ardeW1HPhH0

Ain't that a shame
  • paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    yes he was a great man but I was never a fan of his music RIP X
    LOST SOME GREAT SINGER,S OVER THE PAST FEW YEAR,S BUT I HAVE TO SAY RIP DAVE CLARK THE GREAT DRUMMER OF THE DAVE CLARK FIVE
    paige55 said:

LOST SOME GREAT SINGER,S OVER THE PAST FEW YEAR,S BUT I HAVE TO SAY RIP DAVE CLARK THE GREAT DRUMMER OF THE DAVE CLARK FIVE

Agree with that - I'm in pieces, bits & pieces.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,164
    Fats was a major influence. There aren't many of the original folks around - the founders of this kind of music, or blues music - so it's a shame when another leaves us.
    I think there lead singer who,s name I have forgot passed away last year,sure he was added to the hall of fame for music
    Tikay10, I had forgotten you are a Arsenal fan the Dave Clark five Tottenham hot spur,s fan,s xx
    paige55 said:

I think there lead singer who,s name I have forgot passed away last year,sure he was added to the hall of fame for music

Longer than that, Trish - the lead singer, Mike Smith - very talented guy - passed away in 2008.

The entire group were inducted in the Hall of Fame in 2008, and Tom Hanks was the inductee.

Sadly, Mike Smith passed away just days before the H-o-F induction.

Finally, some Dave Clark 5 trivia - Dave Clark owned the rights to the fabulously successful TV Show, Ready Steady Go.
    Wonderful post Tikay10 thank you xx

Charles Manson passed away yesterday.

He was responsible for no less than 9 murders, & had been in prison for 46 years.

Should we wish him RIP, or RIH (Rest In ****)?

RIP Rodney Bewes, a Likely Lad.

David Cassidy, originally of the "Partridge Family", later to become a huge teen heart-throb in the early seventies, died yesterday.

He had been suffering from the most dreadful of illnesses, dementia, later complicated by multiple organ failure.

A very big star indeed in his prime, he managed to negotiate a whole lifetime in show-business.

He was just 67.

As with most of us, the ageing process was not kind to David.

RIP David.

R I P David Cassidy
    Tikay10 said:

RIP Rodney Bewes, a Likely Lad.

Rip Rodney Bewes
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Malcolm Young brother of Angus of one of my favorites AC/DC
    He too had dementia awful disease RIP

Christine Keeler died yesterday.

She was embroiled in a scandal with a Government Minister & a Russian Spy back in 1963. The scandal eventually led to the downfall of the Macmillan government.

It was an extraordinary story at the time, though if it happened today, nobody would give it a second thought.

Like so many of us - guilty, M'Lord - she never aged well. Few of us do.

We also lost Johnny Hallyday yesterday. Who? He sold over 100 million records, but was described as "the greatest rock star never known".

He's another to whom the ageing process was really cruel. We can't escape it.

Keith Chegwin passed away yesterday. He was just 60 years of age.

He became something of a "figure of fun" - but in the wrong sense - in the last decade or so.

Beneath all that, he was a decent man, & he died a truly horrible, lingering death.

RIP Cheggers

RIP cheggers xxx
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Tommy Lawrence the ex Liverpool goalkeeper has passed away.
    Fantastic clip of him from a few years ago
    https://youtu.be/0U_PUbQGA4U