You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MICRO MADNESS

BustertownBustertown Member Posts: 71
edited October 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions
I don't normally post on any forums anywhere, so I'll regret this later but here goes.

Whilst I think "Micro Madness" in principle in is a very good idea, is it not slightly flawed? Obviously, Skypoker are getting increase rake, as right now (Tuesday 5.50pm) there are 22 x 2p/4p tables open, which is far more than usual. However, most players are ones who would be playing at higher (possibly quite a bit higher) levels. Also - and this the part where people will say: "so this is why the moaning!" - they are much better players than the usual 2p/4p regulars (yes, like myself) who are perhaps now outclassed and losing their money.

My apologies to anyone who feels they are not outclassed as are there some decent players at those levels. However, for whatever reason, they choose to play regularly at these stakes to maintain a consistent bankroll.

The software probably would not allow this, but would it not be better to have ringfenced some 2p/4p tables for such players who really want to play for fun - as in opt-out of "Micro Madness" tables?

Just to be clear, I am not criticising the idea of "Micro Madness". I am more suggesting an enhancement to it.

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    edited October 2017
    In Response to MICRO MADNESS:
    I don't normally post on any forums anywhere, so I'll regret this later but here goes. Whilst I think "Micro Madness" in principle in is a very good idea, is it not slightly flawed? Obviously, Skypoker are getting increase rake, as right now (Tuesday 5.50pm) there are 22 x 2p/4p tables open, which is far more than usual. However, most players are ones who would be playing at higher (possibly quite a bit higher) levels. Also - and this the part where people will say: "so this is why the moaning!" - they are much better players than the usual 2p/4p regulars (yes, like myself) who are perhaps now outclassed and losing their money. My apologies to anyone who feels they are not outclassed as are there some decent players at those levels. However, for whatever reason, they choose to play regularly at these stakes to maintain a consistent bankroll. The software probably would not allow this, but would it not be better to have ringfenced some 2p/4p tables for such players who really want to play for fun - as in opt-out of "Micro Madness" tables? Just to be clear, I am not criticising the idea of "Micro Madness". I am more suggesting an enhancement to it.
    Posted by Bustertown

I think this will happen as the stakes above are likely to be dominated by spin up play, so many regs will drop down and load up some nl4 tables as the required volume will be less
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I would like to praise Skypoker though, for actually providing lower stakes players with the opportunity to participate in a promo specifically for them.

It's also been quite good to test myself against obvious better players, who would normally play slightly higher. It has been cheaper than moving up to their level.
  • Options
    I thought I would add this for anyone working at SkyPoker - yes, mild creeping - but by the end of the month, I was completely won over by "Micro Madness". I never cashed in the (Top 50) but it was great to see smaller stake players (like me) have their chance to at least spot their name on a leaderboard.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318
    Nice one Buster, I'll pass that on to the Suits.