You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How many tables, & why?

Comments

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    Back in the day it was possible for me to 24 table cash on here. Games don't sadly run now. It was a struggle tho, I would suffer from headaches afterward.

Now I usually have 4/6 Sky and 4/6 other sites.

One way to improve the multi-tabling experience would be allow you to change the felt colour of a specific table. On other sites I have a felt colour for early/mid stages of MTT, ITM tournaments and sats. Really helps when making quick decisions and i think you'd see regs adding in more sats if this feature was added.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited December 2017
    double post, sorry.
  • 68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    I will always 4 table NLHE cash, 2 table PLO cash and then play between 1-4 tables of MTT's depending how I feel and the size of the buy-in.
    As others have said I hate Mini View and tend to tile so I remain out of Mini View, Jac35 you must be mad!
    Do wish SkyPoker would invest in the software, its a bit like playing on a Nintendo64 compared to a PS4 when you visit some of the competition.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    i play 4 then after an hour i play none :(:(
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    edited December 2017
    68Trebor said:

I will always 4 table NLHE cash, 2 table PLO cash and then play between 1-4 tables of MTT's depending how I feel and the size of the buy-in.
    As others have said I hate Mini View and tend to tile so I remain out of Mini View, Jac35 you must be mad!
    Do wish SkyPoker would invest in the software, its a bit like playing on a Nintendo64 compared to a PS4 when you visit some of the competition.

You’re not the first to say that ;)

I mean, what’s wrong with this?

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    I assume you folded JJ? ^^^

Don't wanna get carried away in these easy DYMs. KK would be an easy pass in that spot too.
  • chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited December 2017
    Jac35 said:

There are a bunch of things you can do to maximise your decision time when multi tabling... which would be difficult with this layout.

-going round all the tables clicking "fold to any raise" before its on you on the hands you know you wont be playing
    - when you have a tough decision, going round all the other tables and acting or "fold to any raise" before coming back to the tough decision without as many distractions.

you also cant really get much of a feel for how others are playing since you'll only really see fragments of hands unless you are playing in it.

I used to be able to manage 16 -24 tables (depending on sites), but prefer to stick to 9-12 now because I found myself autopiloting or not being able to remember previous actions in a hand sometimes, or even timing out on occasion when there was a flurry of difficult decisions. I do find myself with 16 or so sometimes still though because I like to reg everything I'm going to play at the start of the night and just let the tables pop up as the comps start or I end up spending the breaks regging for stuff and having no time to wee :smile: Cant manage more than about 4 of Omaha because I need to think about almost every spot since I don't really know what I'm doing.

-EDIT-
    One note about multi tabling and variance: Your edge will almost always reduce when you add more tables, which means you will in fact feel variance MORE. If you have a 20% ROI whilst 1 tabling and lose 15% of it through running bad you will still be winning. If you play 10 tables and expect to have a 10% edge, your hourly rate will of course be higher on average but losing that 15% through running bad with mean you are now losing. Playing less tables will mean lower variance but stretched over a longer period of time.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,809
    Jac35 said:

68Trebor said:

You’re not the first to say that ;)

If it works, good luck to you, but I could never do that.

By having all 6 tables in view at once, I can keep an eye on who is doing what all the time. It's useful to be up to date with seeing who has a stack that means they are likely to "jam" imminently, or who has been playing unusually loose & thus we would call or 3 bet wider than normal.

Even with 6 Tables, it's remarkable how much "dead time" we have available (relatively speaking) , & it is in those dead periods that we assimilate a lot of information from all our tables.

Anyway, it works for you, so carry on. ;)

I'm really surprised how many players seem to intensely dislike Mini View. I use it on the Download, 6 tables fit perfectly on my Laptop Screen, & every feature is the same as full size tables, including the chat box.

I've not tried it on Browser though.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    I only use mini view. Simple and concise.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    I only use mini view too everything seems slightly bigger
    stokefc said:

I only use mini view too everything seems slightly bigger

They do to you, Stokey.

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Tikay10 said:

I'm really surprised how many players seem to intensely dislike Mini View. I use it on the Download, 6 tables fit perfectly on my Laptop Screen, & every feature is the same as full size tables, including the chat box.

I've not tried it on Browser though.

I use mini view (awaits very amusing height related banter).
    I tend to just play sky these days and table count is largely based on available games. Probably have about 6 going normally. I can play around 14 (if multi siting) but would say 6-10 is best. It does depend on the games I am playing, I always like to have the other table up when it is last two tables of an MTT. Sky software does tend to struggle when playing more tables and using your break to close and restart the software to avoid it crashing is frustrating so I normally limit my table count if it is sky only.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    edited December 2017
    Slight derail if I may
    I know it’s an old problem but it would be great if it could be rectified as it can be quite costly.
    When playing approx 10 tables the software will crash for me at least twice a night.
    As it’s dyms I don’t have the luxury of being able to close it down during breaks.
    edited December 2017
    68Trebor said:

"Retro" is all the rage these days.

New software is on the way though, promise. It'll be the the shizzle.
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Used to play 12 tables on another site was absolutely terrible and when I came off it took an hour or two for tables to stop coming into my head like I was still playing my brain was fried. Now I play 4 tables on Sky or other sites as they fit nicely on my screen but can sit there and play 1 table quite happily.
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    Back in the days when calling stations were everywhere use to be able to play 8-16 tables at once doing a basic ABC game. The thing with todays recs is they don't all have the same style of play, You've got fit fold, loose deceptive, LAGs as well as the odd calling station this means I'm playing a more varied game style whilst keeping track which type of rec each player is.
  • chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    Still waiting for DTM to blow us all out the water with his 462 tables post. On sky. Where there is no timebank.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Given that there is new software in the pipeline I have a controversial suggestion to add (DTM will hate me for this so sorry James!).

On my second favourite poker site (Sky being the first of course!) they limit cash game players to a maximum of 6 tables (even if mixing stakes). This has a real positive effect on the ecology of the games there as recreational players won't find themselves in super slow nitty games with 3+ other players who are all grinding away on 12-18 tables at the same time. I think a similar move by Sky would be a real plus in terms of game quality, making the deposits of recreational players last longer, and also a great leveller for some of the many great promos run here.

Given that there is new software in the pipeline I have a controversial suggestion to add (DTM will hate me for this so sorry James!).

On my second favourite poker site (Sky being the first of course!) they limit cash game players to a maximum of 6 tables (even if mixing stakes). This has a real positive effect on the ecology of the games there as recreational players won't find themselves in super slow nitty games with 3+ other players who are all grinding away on 12-18 tables at the same time. I think a similar move by Sky would be a real plus in terms of game quality, making the deposits of recreational players last longer, and also a great leveller for some of the many great promos run here.

Noted.