You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

We have AA againts two opponents facing a RR on the flop.

K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
What are we doing after we get RR? I have no notes on these players. Its a £11 BI bounty hunter.

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
sb Small blind 20.00 20.00 4630.00
bb Big blind 40.00 60.00 5597.50
Your hole cards
Ah
As

stellamike Fold
K0BAYASHl Raise 120.00 180.00 3912.50
manster50 Fold
borofan- Fold
sb Call 100.00 280.00 4530.00
bb Call 80.00 360.00 5517.50
Flop

8d
2s
6d

sb Bet 200.00 560.00 4330.00
bb Call 200.00 760.00 5317.50
K0BAYASHl Raise 520.00 1280.00 3392.50
sb Call 320.00 1600.00 4010.00
bb Raise 960.00 2560.00 4357.50

Comments

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    I would look to raise here, but think the raise size is too small. We want to go a size where we can jam turns. When we get 3bet on the flop its one of those where your immediate thought is 'well I guess this is how I'm going bust', and then you have no timebank to think. My default in this kind of spot w/o read is to peel, and go with it on brick turns where any random draws he plays this way brick (and usually get stacked by his obvious value hand). With reads we can make heroic folds. I hate this kind of spot, and I wouldn't hate just folding now, our smaller raise size has made us less commited. But yeah I probably go bigger on flop, maybe make it like 900ish and jam brick turns, and probably just get it in v his click after going that size.
  • Options
    yesroyyesroy Member Posts: 79
    Why do people on poker forums use 'we' all the time? What do 'we' do here..

Is it because 'we' are all helping each other learn about the game by reading about other hands? I don't think so. I guess someone did it once and everyone started to copy to try and look cool. What a shame.
  • Options

I would look to raise here, but think the raise size is too small. We want to go a size where we can jam turns. When we get 3bet on the flop its one of those where your immediate thought is 'well I guess this is how I'm going bust', and then you have no timebank to think. My default in this kind of spot w/o read is to peel, and go with it on brick turns where any random draws he plays this way brick (and usually get stacked by his obvious value hand). With reads we can make heroic folds. I hate this kind of spot, and I wouldn't hate just folding now, our smaller raise size has made us less commited. But yeah I probably go bigger on flop, maybe make it like 900ish and jam brick turns, and probably just get it in v his click after going that size.

Thanks groggy for your post. I wasn't happy to have two opponents, i was happy with my hand vs SB, but i was concerned against the BB who is a winning reg. I felt like he had a set or something after he just flatted the 1st raise and then clicked it back when i raised. My bet was small but didn't want to commit too much. I put BB on 88 or 66.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

yesroy said:

Why do people on poker forums use 'we' all the time? What do 'we' do here..

Is it because 'we' are all helping each other learn about the game by reading about other hands? I don't think so. I guess someone did it once and everyone started to copy to try and look cool. What a shame.

We appreciate your contribution
    This needs more love.
  • Options
    It turns out that the BB had up and down straight flush draw. I did fold to the click back as i felt i had enough behind me to fold. I think if i was planning on going with it on the flop i would have bet bigger.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,184
    The other thing as well is this. How many times are you up against a flopped set here villians action screams " I went with a small pair and hit paydirt". I personally struggle to spot this play and probably exit more tourneys this way than any other.

Just a thought.

Yours in poker
  • Options
    oufc1oufc1 Member Posts: 29
    Ref AA
    Playing a tourney, very first hand got AC AH. Blinds are 25 / 50. I go 150 ( I am under the gun) get 5 folds and 1 raise to 600 ( played this guy before . A very lose player)
    I raise it to 1000 he goes all in 5000 so I call
    He turns over 8S 6C
    This is all pre flop
    On the flop
    4H KS 9C
    Turn
    7D
    River
    5S
    And he hits a straight,
    And to add salt to the wounds he was on his phone all the time !!!

This was my quickest tourney. Lasted 2min and 20 seconds
    Should I fold the AA ?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Why would you ever want to fold AA pre in a tournament?
  • Options
    TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2017
    what I have noticed recently is players opening the betting all in pre flop with aces,early on in a tournie,not sure if it is a strategy or if they just scared to see a flop,they get paid of sometimes too ,seen me paying them off myself if I wake up with kk qq jj or even ak.suppose some of the maths guys will say it gets you more chips doing it that way [in the longterm]
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,184
    I never slowplay aces and usually open shove em. I guess its the fact that everyone gets to see what a freaking donkey the villain is when he calls way behind and hits his 2 outer or his runner runner. At least this way I know I didn't play them badly and give the muppets a chance to catch up. If you outdraw me then fair enough although obvs the abuse is mandatory. But this way means that youre getting it in ahead which must equal +EV.

Yours in poker

Mark
  • Options
    If never just open shoved AA lol
  • Options
    LemonSauceLemonSauce Member Posts: 2
    I don't have a fold button, but if I did this would be the easiest fold of my life!
    Hand is butchered imo, w/o reads flop is a flat not a raise. You've opened from the LJ and been called by both blinds.
    BB should be pretty wide and prolly has the suited 62's and 82's along w/all the 86's, 2's, 6's and 8's . To think he has flatted donk lead/3bet preflop aggressor to get it in w/K8s is pretty ambitious.
    Only draws playing hand this way are 97dd and 75dd... How you looking v those hands?
    Getting it in here is suicide!
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

I never slowplay aces and usually open shove em. I guess its the fact that everyone gets to see what a freaking donkey the villain is when he calls way behind and hits his 2 outer or his runner runner. At least this way I know I didn't play them badly and give the muppets a chance to catch up. If you outdraw me then fair enough although obvs the abuse is mandatory. But this way means that youre getting it in ahead which must equal +EV.

Yours in poker

Mark

I would suggest that just open shoving AA is indeed playing them badly.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,635

Yours in poker

Mark

yeah dont slowplay aces but getting it in pre early in a tourny is bad your losing loads of value imho
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,811
    This is a very tricky spot and I agree 'we' (sorry) are not concerned by the SB. He has weak pairs and draws and worse here a lot. The BB in my opinion has pretty much given his hand away as a drawing hand. Why? Because the vast majority of the time anyone with a set here is raising with three players in the pot and a very draw heavy board! They (is that just the same as we?!) just hate being outdraw with a set! Don't we all!

So i'm either just going with it on the flop or calling and jamming brick turns. All depends on effective stacks at the time.