You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Dontellmum vs JJBinks HU Cash.

JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440

Before i get in to the details i would like to make clear that i have the up most respect for Dontellmum as a player and this is purely a competitive match and not an ego thing or HU for rolls thing.

I have been asked a few times by Dontellmum in the last few months to play him HU over 6-8 tables, and times have clashed for various reasons, so i thought making this post would make it easy to make a plan and agree the schedule to play this out.

6 max cash is were i have put a lot of work in to but i think i can hold my own HU, i play HU on 6 max just to get tables going so some experience, I don't shy away from playing better players than me because i can learn a lot from them.

If Dontellmum agrees i would be happy playing 6-8 tables of HU cash at the normal stakes we play, don't think i could play more and be able to read ranges as i would like to with the given time-bank.

4-5 hour sessions over 4-5 days period (weekends or evenings as we both work i believe) as that amount of play should even the variance a bit.

Happy to escrow a side bet of up to 1k to a trusted 3rd party which we both agree to. like a sky team member or trusted forum member like groggy etc.. if they are willing. (if possible and does not break any sky poker T&Cs as that's not my intention.)

we both start at 100BI roll so 2k for 20s or 3k,30s etc.. and that way we can easily keep track of results as we don't have any 3rd party soft wear to record hands.

Hope we can make a plan to get this going as I will gain a lot of experience from it.

Thanks

Binks.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670
    JJBinks said:

Before i get in to the details i would like to make clear that i have the up most respect for Dontellmum as a player and this is purely a competitive match and not an ego thing or HU for rolls thing.

I have been asked a few times by Dontellmum in the last few months to play him HU over 6-8 tables, and times have clashed for various reasons, so i thought making this post would make it easy to make a plan and agree the schedule to play this out.

6 max cash is were i have put a lot of work in to but i think i can hold my own HU, i play HU on 6 max just to get tables going so some experience, I don't shy away from playing better players than me because i can learn a lot from them.

If Dontellmum agrees i would be happy playing 6-8 tables of HU cash at the normal stakes we play, don't think i could play more and be able to read ranges as i would like to with the given time-bank.

4-5 hour sessions over 4-5 days period (weekends or evenings as we both work i believe) as that amount of play should even the variance a bit.

Happy to escrow a side bet of up to 1k to a trusted 3rd party which we both agree to. like a sky team member or trusted forum member like groggy etc.. if they are willing. (if possible and does not break any sky poker T&Cs as that's not my intention.)

we both start at 100BI roll so 2k for 20s or 3k,30s etc.. and that way we can easily keep track of results as we don't have any 3rd party soft wear to record hands.

Hope we can make a plan to get this going as I will gain a lot of experience from it.

Thanks

Binks.

No problem with that, although it could not be anyone who works for Sky Poker.

Good luck to both of you.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Thank you, would be happy to use a trusted Forum member like Groogy or matt if they agree.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670
    JJBinks said:

Thank you, would be happy to use a trusted Forum member like Groogy or matt if they agree.

None of my business, like, but you do realise that Groggs is only 12 years old, right?
  • Options
    lol he might spend it on sweets :)
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    This'll be fun. Looking forward to railing it. Good luck both.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,373
    I love the idea of this but I see how complicated it is and hard to police , not that it needs policing.
    HH being what it is on Skypoker, I just see obstacles.

Good luck, I hope its pulloffable.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Be fun to see how this pans out if you guys make it happen.

8 tables of heads up with sky's super fast shot clock and no timebanks? You young whipper snappers really make me feel old and slow at times!

Btw, does DTM know that your real name is Doug Polk Binks? ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    lol Got coaching from both Ryan Fees and Doug :)
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    JJBinks said:

lol Got coaching from both Ryan Fees and Doug :)

Did that lead to an upswing?

Sorry - couldn't resist that one!
  • Options
    it sure did :)
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Happy to be an escrow, feel free to send me a grand whenever suits.

I have a trust rating of 78% on TripAdvisor so you know you're in safe hands.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    I would like to rule myself out as a potential escrow. If not on sweets I will only end up using the money to fund my UKOPS addiction. It's a real problem. At least it would be filtered back into the sky poker community though.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027

I would like to rule myself out as a potential escrow. If not on sweets I will only end up using the money to fund my UKOPS addiction. It's a real problem. At least it would be filtered back into the sky poker community though.

Responsible gambling groggy :D Goodluck. Will look forward to watching this. GL :D
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited December 2017
    I feel like having this kind of bet on a site that has no way to track results is a bit sketchy. If it's even somewhat close and 2 different versions of who has won comes out I don't see how either of you could definitely prove you had won. Even if it isn't that close it's just one person's word against another, should a dispute happen i am not sure victor could prove that they had won.
    I'm sure both participants are trustworthy and have the best of intentions, and are willing and happy to pay the £1k forfeit, but it just seems a bit iffy.
  • Options
    Thanks Groggy, totally understand what you mean, might need to think of a different approach.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    We going to see this anytime? :)
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Id be open to taking this bet on if your looking for someone to play heads up. would not play more than 4 hu tables at once though as there is no timebank.

I would also need to check with my backer that I would be ok to take some time away from Mtts (I would not be backed for this would take my own action)

if your looking for someone to play I am definitely open to discussing this.

Danny
  • Options
    Itsover4u said:

Id be open to taking this bet on if your looking for someone to play heads up. would not play more than 4 hu tables at once though as there is no timebank.

I would also need to check with my backer that I would be ok to take some time away from Mtts (I would not be backed for this would take my own action)

Danny

Not looking at the moment got my full focus on Mtts, I played DTM a lot before hand and new a lot from the amount we played, don't think I would have any edge playing you heads ups I would probably get smashed more like you are a very strong reg.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    JJBinks said:

Itsover4u said:

Danny

Not looking at the moment got my full focus on Mtts, I played DTM a lot before hand and new a lot from the amount we played, don't think I would have any edge playing you heads ups I would probably get smashed more like you are a very strong reg.
    That's fine :) I have not played Hu reguarly for over 6 months myself as have focused on MTTS - But wouldnt of minded mixing it up for a week or so!

The Mtts seem to be panning out well for you anyway! good luck il follow your diary with interest